Blackfeather Woods White rose petals
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Private 
@Rowan
and so it begins..

It was strange, her entire life she had been called to the song of the sea. The rhythmic sound of the waves had calmed her, the sharp smell of sea salt a comfort to her frayed nerves. She was a child of the ocean and now she could no longer hear her call, her scent not cradling her any longer. This confused the sunspot, her mind seemed to wander just as her paws did.

There was a comfort here though, something about the sway of the trees could calm her. The sharp scent of roses and timber a far cry from the sea but still, it could relax her. She use to think that she had to be near the water, that the thought of being so far from the lapping waves would deprive her and yet she was alright.

Warmth flooded her cheeks as she thought of the boy she was now sharing this place with, how she found strength in his presence. The silent girl smiled as she thought of him and what they would recreate, a home he desired. A home she now desired. Would he let her stand by his side or would she simply be a follower? Should she dare ask?
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
They'd arrived.
At long last they had made it home.
He'd again lept for joy and hollered his arrival to the woods.
He loved it here, and oh he had missed it so.

His first duty was to clean the altar Maegi had neglected in those final days. After her revelation.
Alas, he thought her to be a bit loopy and disliked her contradiction, so stuck with the first teachings he'd managed to pry from her.
The boned from his last offering were gone. Accepted.

He smiled and turned away from the Altar to meet with Marisol.
"How do you find my home?" He grinned. He knew it was hers too, but only should she wish to stay. He wanted to give her that much choice.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
The trees rippled like the waves of the ocean, their dark colors a contrast to the vibrate blue-green but it still soothed her chaotic mind. His voice came, drawing her out of her thoughts and wanderings. Asking about if she liked his home, funny choice of words. Wasn't this her home to, or was he giving her a chance to reject this place and go back to the waves and brine?

She looked at him with a gentle smile, her dark cheeks still warm from her earlier musings. "It's beautiful, might I stay by yer side?" she asked trying to convey her feelings without being too strange, and yet her ears fell as she thought of how her words might sound. "I want tis to be mah home too.."
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She gave him that all so soft smile again.
He loved that smile, it was like a shaft of light in a cave.
A glimmer of hope.

He was glad that she thought of its beauty. It really was everything.
"Then it is your home too," he smiled wide. He'd never wanted to hear better words.
"I never wanted to leave here as a pup," he looked up to the dark sentinel's arms.

"Do you know the history here?" He asked. She very likely didn't, but she needed to. Incase she was subjected to the same horrors as he. 
| |
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Her tail began to sway when he said that this forest was now her home as well, as well as the thought of him sharing more of himself with her. "I am sorry that you had to." she reached out to nuzzle him to show comfort, if he allowed it.

She then shook her head when the question came, "I would love to hear it" she smiled, encouraging him to tell her all he knew.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He smiled at her.
Gosh, he really smiled a lot these days.
He was sad Tundra didn't stay though. She ventured out to find her lost family after word from a stranger.
He was glad for her company whilst it lasted, and even more glad for Marisol.

Her muzzle touched him, and he reciprocated her touch.
But she withdrew and accepted his offer of some history.
He'd learnt standing about didn't make for good use of time, so invited her on a slow walk whilst he retells a story of many versions.

"I can't promise every detail is perfect, Maegi told me the stories."
A quick grin before he started.
"A wolf called Meldresi Melonii came to these woods wayyyy before we were born," he chuckled softly, "and she formed the pack of Blackfeather woods, named after these birds," he looked up for his feathered companions that hadn't yet found him. But he could wait.
"The Melonii's followed the Daedra. Ancient gods and stuff. The important ones are Mephala and Sithis. Mephala is the Goddess of the Night and is called the Night Mother, and Sithis is the Dread Father, God of the Void and death." A pause so he can answer questions before continuing.

"Blackfeather had enemies and there was a war between them and the Redhawks, pack that had moved to the south of Rusalka like ages ago, so good for us, but also bad for us because this one bitch still wants to kill us even though we just like it here so, fuck her," Rowan chuckled softly, looking to Marisol with a grin. He knew they'd be fine, as long as that bitch didn't start trying to kill him again just because he took the name Blackfeather. Like, it's the name of some woods for fuck sakes.
| |
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Her affection was returned and all she could do was give a rather warm smile, happy that he was willing to share the history with her. Their new home came with a story, one that was filled with dieties, gods, and goddesses that once walked the earth. A pack named after the ravens that seemed to be all around them, a woman named Meldresi. HEr smile grew as he told her, a few questions formed and his pause allowed her to ask them. "The Night Mother and Dread Father, do you think they will accept us?" She wondered of the rituals they would ask of them, what she could do with her healing knowledge. Maybe that was ntoher story for another time.

"Do you think we will be safe from her?" She asked not in fear but curiosity, she would not lose another because someone else thought of her claim invalid. She would train to not be choked out again, to not be bested by that woman. "I will not let her take this or you away from me"
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He smirked at her questions.
"I have every confidence they will. We can provide them offerings to put us in their favour."
At least that's what he had gathered.
"I take the fallen birds to the altar, as well as some food for Sithis and Mephala to share."
He always liked to thin of the altar like a table. Mephala and Sithis dine together on the offerings given.
He was sure they would be smiled upon for remembering them.
Despite them not being Melonii by blood.
Probably.

Her second question came then, and he certainly couldn't answer it with as much conviction.
"Well...I'm hoping that if we make enough friends here...we will be fine! And I doubt she'll come this far east anyway," he grinned, hoping to make her feel safe. He didn't want her living the life he had already.
"I won't let her either," he confirmed. Sharing another smile with her. What would he do without her?
| |
there is only silence
37 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
His reassurances were just that, reassuring. The silent witch nodded as she thought of what she could do to have these gods accept a girl without a drop of Melonii blood running through her veins. "I will be sure to bring the fallen houses of those I find to the alter, I hope they will accept me." She spoke softly, her eyes trailing from their path to her companion. 

"So you think you can teach me to be strong? I wasnt strong enough for my brother but I want to be strong for you." She finally declared, her eyes shining with determination and conviction. She would not lose him like she had lost her brother, she would never let that happen again.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He could hear the tint of worry in her voice.
But he was sure in himself that Mephala would accept his friend.
Why wouldn't she, if she believed and cared?

He could feel her eyes on him, and he looked to her as she spoke.
Rowan's head canted, gaze questioning. How could she say such as thing?
"But you are strong, Marisol." He wondered how she couldn't think so.
"You survived if you were weak you wouldn't." The weak die, the strong struggle through it all. He guessed her brother was just weak, and she blamed herself.
Like he did. Had done.
"I can help train you if that's what you want though," he smiled, hoping she'd say yes. She was fun and he liked spending time with her.
| |