Sheepeater Cliff even though I can no longer reach you
60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
The boy's voice had already changed to something with gusto and renewed energy. Children were resilient this way, she was discovering. The speed at which he was able to move from being in tears and lost to determination was fascinating. Umi hoped that the white puff would not lose this ability with age.

That's a great idea, she agreed, sniffing at the air with a twitch of her pink nose. If we work as a team, we can track her down! The rain was an unwelcome distraction to their quest, jumbling together different smells that weren't normally so overwhelming. Her senses told her of a dead bird not far away in the woods that became quite pungent due to the drizzle. Wet air always made smells strange, but she was sure that if they could just find some lavender, they might be in good shape.

She moved forward, heading into the mountain trees, sighing, lavender, lavender, we're gonna find you. She remembered the peculiar scent of the flower well — it had a strong aroma to it. The feline smiled as she took expertly silent steps through the woods, checking on Haruki out of the corner of her eye every few seconds or so to make sure he hadn't wandered away.

The dead bird smell went away over time and was replaced by pine bark and musk from some other animal. Each woodland path told its own story and had its own footprint that the two predators could read with their noses alone. A squirrel sounded an alarm call as they passed, and Umi couldn't help but make a short chatter and hiss at it in the trees. It went on yelling at all its little forest friends that there was a CAT and a WOLF, and Umi moved past, ears swivelled back.

Come ooooon, lavendar! She said, much more cheery, hoping it was close. She definitely smelled something flowery...
Messages In This Thread
even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 01, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 02, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 03, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 06, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 09, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 09, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 10, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 10, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - October 21, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - October 25, 2020, 11:45 PM