Northstar Vale ≡ Blame the gods While Choking on the Violence
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Read Only 
Perhaps he had been gone too long this time. Perhaps there had been a lapse in his judgement. The last time he had spoken to Reiko there had been obvious reservations on both of their parts. There had been hateful words and decisions made in the heat of the moment. Still, he was a man of his word and he would do precisely as he had stated. Perhaps not as often, but he made his way back to the Vale and into the Empire to check on the Empress. He could easily make an offer to satisfy her hunger or her need to socialize. If she denied him then that was on him.

Yet…something was off.

His nose against the ground as he realized she wasn’t present Collision’s ears fell back against his head. The rain had beat away at the Vale’s grounds…but that wouldn’t dismiss the scent of those most often here. Several nights before he had been away. Stuck in the mountains as a terrible storm surge tore at the earth. He had chosen to remain where he were. Then he ended up assisting the wolves of Kaistleoki as Ira (and another) had been struck down. He noted he needed to make his way there soon to check on all that had been entangled in the incident.

Focus.

Where was she? Her scent did not leap to his nose. He did not inhale and exhale the soft scent of lavender that often clung to her. There were no softly imprinted footsteps that denoted the careful step of the fragile woman. Where was Reiko? He could feel the escalation of his heart. He could feel the terror that began to form within him. Had she run away? Had she decided it was longer worth it to stay and fight? Where were the children? Thoughts burned in his mind and he tried to count his way back from the ledge.

One.

She’s not here. Where’s Takeshi? The emperor ought to know where she were. The son of bitch likely was the reason she had been chased away. Collision needed to bring her back. He needed to remind her what she was fighting for and that all was not lost

Two.

Silence crept over him. Rage pestering. She was so selfish! One event after another she seemed to take the path that was best for her and no one else. Make a serial rapist the crowned ruler. Make a dead man walking sit upon a throne of power and rule over the innocent. Starve her own people of the happiness she was so hungry for.

Three.

There was nothing. No scent to follow. Nothing for him to understand. The male stood. His head hung in defeat. His body stilled. His throat tightened and the base of his skull burned with anxiety. A feeling only she had manged to instill in him time and time again. He knew the answer that his wandering mind craved to be spoken. Reiko had abandoned them and it was likely she wasn’t coming back.

I’m going to miss you. I’m going to miss you always. I’ll always see you in the innocence of a child. In the gentleness of a doting mother. I’ll see you in the caring eyes of a friend. Because of you I’ll likely always be guarded. Because of you I likely learned a lesson that’s been beating at my doors for a long time: Live. Because it’s the only thing you can do.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA