Blacktail Deer Plateau ≡ Soaked in Gasoline
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
@Umi I am SO sorry this took me so long to get up. I forgot until I revisited the thread I made :o

He had spent some time wondering where he should go next. He had explored beyond The Empire many a time now, but since he had just made an extra trip to Kaistleoki he supposed it would do him well to see what lay beyond. His body wrapped around trees and land that gathered in his path and he found himself quite interested in the new smells that quarreled over one another. 

He wondered how many lived out this far. Would he happen upon a new pack? It was all entirely uncertain, but if he meant to change the part of his life he was in it was expected he needed to branch out and meet others. Or at least have an idea of a nice place to rest his head when it all finally went to shit. Rather--continued to go to shit. 

His eyes stayed pressed forward as he took in the new view. It was nice that the weather was finally cooling down and the rain had subdued. For now he could enjoy the evenings as serene instead of hiding from them for many different reasons.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
All good! I was not offended xD

Her belly was so full Umi was sure she might burst. Was this how pregnant mothers felt when they were due to have cubs?

The lioness had been working on the consumption of a doe for two days. Most of the actual animal had since been taken by coyotes and birds of various types. Umi had treed herself with a hind leg all for her. The day had been spent intermittently napping and eating. She could barely move by the end of the day, and rolled over on a branch with an extended, aaaaaagggguhhhhh, to signal to all that she was positively absolutely definitely stuffed.

There were exactly two things that moved her from her lazy life in the trees.
The first, and most important, was that she needed to poop. Her descent from the tree in order to do this was a bit like watching a drunk attempt to get out of a bean bag chair. She wobbled and ungracefully fell out of the branches, landing on her feet only due to sheer instinct that refused to let her die from such an event.

The second was to investigate the smell of a wolf, which she would definitely do right after her business. She covered the hole of the terror she'd left the world quickly. Not nearly quick enough apparently, for she could see a large grey wolf on the forested pathway heading toward her while she was finishing this burial. Her eyes lit up and she bounced backward, closer to the tree. The remains of the kill was mere yards away, but there weren't many good bits left on it.

Hn.. she cleared her throat. Hi, she said, smiling awkwardly. Her bum felt gross. Normally she would be taking a bath right now.
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
It is the metallic scent of blood that penetrates his nose initially. It is not the scent of wolf and so he only partially calms the rush of curiosity and concern that compelled him. Still, a guard remains up--the boy cautious. If there were blood it would insinuate something had killed here. It were quite likely to be in the area. Had he happened upon a pack's hunting grounds once more? 

Yet as he rounds the corner the silhouette of a rather large cat forms. His ears tilt against his head and the rumblings of a growl began to creep upward. She ushers out a meager greeting. Collision was not particularly fond of things outside his species. They were always one thing or another--prey or predator. 

His stance changed. His eyes falling to the body of a slain doe. Well, the remnants of. He catches the rounded edges of the lioness and he knows (with the mess made of herself) that she has had more than her fill. Perhaps he wouldn't concern himself with if she saw him as her next meal. Doubtful she'd store him for so long. 

What did he know? 

She would win in battle. She could outrun him. It was only hopeful that she would dismiss him as a consumable option and he could carry on about his day. 

The thought did occur...she was the first of her kind he had seen in this place. What, exactly, was she doing here? "I'm just passing through," His voice is stiff, deep, and on the verge of threatening. Whilst he had accepted his possible fate--it was to be considered she didn't want the fight that came with hunting him.

IMPALA 

60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Feeling quite exposed, Umi watched as the wolf calculated the situation. He glanced at the carcass, then at her, stiff and cold. The eyes of the grey lupine figure were fierce and frightening. He was as that of a Lord in stature, heavy and thick. Had she encountered more brutish types, the cat might have simply abandoned her buffet and let him go.

But she was curious. She had never been the sharpest of cats.

Where to? she blurted. The end of her tail shifted like a rattlesnake: a sign of interest. His voice said "don't mess with me" but her buzzing mind had all of the questions. Like a kitten with a new toy, she decided that she would much rather poke this strange wanderer than do the wiser thing.
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Much to his surprise the conversation would continue, though, the cat did not show any signs of letting him leave any time soon. His ears turned back against his head and he kept a wary guard about him. If she tried anything he supposed he could at least go down swinging. 

"To find some peace," his lips drew in a sharp line and he kept his eyes pressed solely upon her. This was not the typical company that he kept. He wagered his own were foreign to her. 

"When I know I'll let you know," He rolled his shoulders into a sort of shrug. There really was no destination. He just wanted to find a moment of peace. He just wanted to silence everything he felt. Why was that so difficult? 

"Where are you going?" Why was he asking? He didn't particularly care. Perhaps he could offer some sort of direction and get past her.

IMPALA 

60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
The wolf was tense, but Umi kept to her strange game. She moved slightly closer to him, maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres. The wolf told her very little of his plans despite her question, but he stayed casual. While he wanted less, she wanted all the more.

Me? It surprised her to have a wolf ask of her plot. Really, she had no plot. She was here because she had not found what she had wanted just yet. The land had indeed proved to be difficult. So, the cat stretched anxiously and yawned to complete the look while she answered. I'm going to a land that I can call mine, she said proudly, standing tall.

I've wandered for a time, and I don't want to bother any of you folk with my presence since it seems to bother you so, but I need a home for me, explained Umi in full. She watched the wolf, waiting for what he might do. Would he call his pack to kill her? Would he run?