Whitefish River I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
You're right. But it wasn't the river that he was really focused on during little day trips away from his hospital den. New faces are around, however, some that are aging too. The puppies, his mind kept rolling back to them. Those that belonged to Ira most of all, while those that came from Speedy and Moonshadow lingered in the back of his mind too. How they must have grown too.

I thought that was it, that my luck ran out. I don't remember sleeping. A mindless response. Scary was normal, literally, anything could happen on any day that would spell his end - but that, it was worse than just being a wanderer. He has injured ontop of being on his own. Someone was looking out for him up there, he was certain of it. Perhaps his mom was still around somewhere, keeping an eye on her "special" son as she always had. A vigilant eye always making sure he'd live to see one more day. 

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turned his attention back to Ira. So long as there is breath in my lungs, I assure you I am well. Every day was a step closer to healing, after all, its what kept him going most days and maybe it could help ease Ira's mind too.

Nodding along to her explaining what had been going on since his disappearance, it all sounded well and good - it was the mention of two pups that caught him off guard. Enough so to force him to roll over onto his belly and give her a confused, worried look. Forcing a smile at the mention of the pups enjoying the mud, she didn't seem concerned and with all that had happened before his disappearance and what must have happened after... how could she have just forgotten two of her puppies? It didn't seem like her at all. 

Taking a breath to relax, he would have to investigate all this on a later note. Not wanting to dredge up something painful for Ira to think about, but it was something he could not let slide either. The smile came more naturally now, Sounds like you had your paws full. Did the little monsters scare you at all? This time he offered a wayward glance, eyes finding their twinkle again as he teased the mother.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Messages In This Thread
I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - September 23, 2020, 02:10 AM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - September 23, 2020, 03:26 PM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - September 23, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - September 24, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Hieronymous - September 24, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - September 30, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: I Never Thought I'd Hear My Heartbeat so Loud - by Ira - October 09, 2020, 01:58 PM