Cerulean Cape And if I shall die before I 'wake
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
feel free to kick my ass for how slow this was im so sorry

yunxu has never been the most socially adept. it's why he prefers to stick so strongly to custom; it's always so much easier to navigate than an interaction without rules. 

even with his sister. he thinks nothing of what he's said, offering only a sheepish smile he holds carefully in place, until aimi's seaglass gaze lands on him. her mouth drops open. she stands, and yunxu's eyes shift uneasily over to aiolos just long enough to watch him settle back on his haunches.

oh no. 

he ducks his head. there's nothing much else to do. he knows aimi well enough to know nothing will stop her. 

head lifted and teeth bared in a snarl, aimi stalks all the way up to him, practically vibrating with fury. for a moment yunxu thinks she's going to attack him – and for a moment a correspondingly sharp terror rises in his chest, because he knows what he did to owlglass and what he did on the cliff, and he can't do that to his sister – 

instead, grinding her teeth together, she snaps in his face. the young shark's ears flatten. he tucks his tail obligingly against a hind leg.

"i'm sorry," he says. "i didn't mean to worry you, i...i told you i wanted to look for our sisters, and i'd found a good lead. you didn't want me to leave without healing, and i understand why, but i couldn't just stand by and wait."

he licks at his lips. "when i'd found her, i came back along the coast looking for you. but i couldn't find you either." his second meeting with the woman he'd fought on the cliff...that seems like the kind of thing that is better off unsaid.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aimi - September 30, 2020, 09:31 AM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aiolos - September 30, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Yunxu - October 01, 2020, 01:22 AM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aimi - October 02, 2020, 12:44 AM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aiolos - October 03, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Yunxu - October 14, 2020, 07:07 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aimi - October 16, 2020, 10:13 AM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aiolos - October 18, 2020, 04:05 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Yunxu - October 29, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aimi - October 30, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: And if I shall die before I 'wake - by Aiolos - November 02, 2020, 04:12 PM