Wheeling Gull Isle The air was heavy with salt
13 Posts
Ooc — Nikolina
Joining 
Gailiv could smell the water. She could smell the water that was lapping at the rocks. Not used to the sea, she enjoyed what she saw - the bright sea glistening.

Born by the river, in Belizean jungle surrounding Lamenai, this was so foreign to her. So was the scent of wolves who called this area home. Gailiv stood at the edge of the territory, hoping she would not be alone for long. Hoping they'd accept her: the tiny Mexican wolf who had left her world behind.

Yes, she hoped. She hoped.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā was patrolling the borders when she came upon the stranger, squinting at the apparently unfamiliar figure from afar before trotting closer, kicking up sand in her wake. She had not heard any call for leadership- and was curious why this woman lingered here- but she had not trespassed yet, and so the empress approached respectfully, posture elegant and face neutral. She paused before Gailiv, dipping her head in a small bow of greeting to the little woman before she spoke. I am Huā, I lead here, this pack that we call Yuèlóng. What do you seek? She questioned.
13 Posts
Ooc — Nikolina
Gailiv gazed in awe at the elegant lady, forgetting herself for a moment before copying her bow of the head, hoping she was being respectful. She was so new to this, and couldn't have been more awkward if she tried, one of her legs giving way for a second from nerves. But she corrected herself, took a deep breath, and responded:
"I am Gailiv, I'm sorry if I have encroached. I have travelled far and wish to seek a home, a pack."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Gailiv returned her bow, though it seemed to come awkwardly as if unfamiliar, and Huā smirked ever-so-slightly in a way that was more sympathetic than mean. In truth the empress appreciated her apologetic nature, especially when she spoke. To which Huā responded, No, you have not intruded- do not worry, She laughed lightly, flattening her dark ears to her crown momentarily. I am happy to meet you, Gailiv. We do have room for new members here; though naturally I am curious to hear if you have any particular skills you can contribute. Huā was not harsh- there were a couple in the ranks who were not so familiar with their own trades yet- but having some kind of pursuit in mind, whether it be fighting, studying the stars, or something other, she believed having a goal always showed good initiative.
13 Posts
Ooc — Nikolina
Gailiv couldn't suppress a little smile when the woman laughed. This lady was clearly important, by her manner and her elegance, but she was also like the sea: bright and encouraging.
"I can hunt," Gailiv answered, "and I can learn. Where I was from we had many gods and a rich culture, and I had the role of safeguarding our traditions. I have heard that Yuèlóng has a beautiful culture of its own, and if allowed someday in the future I would be honoured to learn of and safekeep your traditions too."
Gailiv didn't know if she was perhaps rambling, but she hoped she could be useful to this pack if accepted. She had always worked hard at least.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Hunting was always useful, and though it was a skill any wolf ought to know, Gailiv must've been particularly good if it was the first thing she brought up. Being able to learn was perhaps even better. Huā could not coach her in fighting or healing; that was not where her specialties lied, but perhaps they could both share stories of their homelands. The mention of gods made her think of her traveling sister @Mei , of her spirituality. Are you religious, then? Huā wondered, and added, I would be happy to share my tradition with you as well, and give you a place in Yuèlóng. There she smiled easily and waved her tail, an invitation that Gailiv would be welcome here from now on.
13 Posts
Ooc — Nikolina
She could not believe it, Gailiv smiled with genuine joy. To be welcome, was all she ever wanted. Part of Yuèlóng... It was truly amazing.
"Yes I am," she replied, "and thank you for this opportunity, I hope I can serve the pack well."
Gailiv was still smiling as she walked forward - towards a new home, and a new beginning. From the river to the sea; from Lamenai to Yuèlóng territories. She had dreamed of this, long before she set foot to the Teekon Wilds. It was an opportunity, a blessing.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Gailiv seemed positive and upbeat, which Huā appreciated greatly. She offered the girl a smile and then nudged her shoulder gently as she turned, encouraging the new recruit to follow her into the island's interior, where the empress would be glad to give her a small tour of the forests and hill if she so desired. 
thanks for the thread! feel free to archive as is or you can post again and fade in your post!
13 Posts
Ooc — Nikolina
The lady seemed so welcoming. Gailiv smiled again and followed, keen to see Yuèlóng territory and meet others of her new pack. She was home.
Thank you too! I'll try archive it, still learning the ropes :D