Sun Mote Copse Kiss me goodnight
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein watched at the wolf now known as Rye shifted, He watched the wolfs stiffness of his movement, the lift of the shoulder unable to touch the ground, the pained glint in Rye’s eyes.

His nose scented the air carefully, he was attuned to such smells as tainted blood or infections. However Rye’s next words distracted him and his deep rich laughter filled the air around them. “You are the first to ever ask about dear ole dad” Vein’s paw tapped the nose of the skull and he chuckled again “He died of his own stupidity. But not before taking most of my family with him beyond the shores, in the most horrendous way possible.” He frowned softly sobering slightly “My mother and grandmother among them.

Vein stood and moved to Rye’s side running his nose through the pelt on Rye’s front left shoulder not quite touching the wound but certainly moving the tattered pelt around, He lifted his head and shook his head pressing his lips together, his mind already whirling making a treatment plan. These were not herbs he wanted to use a lot of but to save this ones life he’d have to. It was hard to find activated charcoal in the wilds, he had been blessed to watch a forest fire and survive. His once plentiful stores of the charcoal was now closer to dregs.

He sighed softly “You don’t have long if I don’t tend to you, infection has taken root, So I’ll tell you the long tale of that skull between poultices, you’ll need a poultice of charcoal and plantain leaves to draw out infection, which I’ll have to change overnight then I’ll need to make a comfrey poultice, once the infection is out to promote fast healing to prevent any more infection from setting in. It’s a fine line though if I don’t get all the infection out before switching to comfrey your body could make a painful abscess.

Vein turned around scented the area he was looking for the scent of rocks below the snow, he soon found something, though he was not sure what, about 5 feet away, without further preamble he began to dig, flinging snow away from them. He was looking for bare ground or rocks to move his herbs around, placing the dried herbs on the snow would ruin them and he needed a flat surface to create poultices on.

He moved carefully not wasting a single action, not flinging his legs to far back not throwing snow to hard, he was delicate and yet deliberate. He created a patch in the snow and as he dug and cleared; by chance he found a flat rock, He uncovered the whole of it from the snow almost tenderly.

The white brute moved as if Rye was not there, so lost in his task, he retrieved his skulls and placed them on the rock and transferred herbs from one to the other setting a few broadly lance-shaped to egg-shaped leaves, that contained five to seven prominent parallel string like veins from the base, aside.
Those were Plantain leaves, common enough plant he just wished he had more, since they were so common he didn’t grab much of them for his portable caches.

He continued to transfer many different herbs having no choice to put of of the overflow onto the rock itself, until the wolf skull was almost empty, in the base of the skull was a black powder, he tipped just a bit of the powder on the rock and mixed it with just a tiny bit of snow until he made almost a paste.

Vein then took a leaf and crushed it under paw while rolling it until the natural juices of the leaf were flowing but it kept it’s leaf shape this was what he was going to use to hold the charcoal paste where it needed to be, then he carefully covered the leaf with the paste. However he left it there and took up a thick branch he had found while digging and carried it back to Rye

I’m going to need to pluck some of your pelt from the wound and clean it, it will hurt please don’t bite me.”  He Set the branch in front of Rye

Bite this if you need too” He looked at him pointedly waiting for Rye to pick up the branch before he did anymore tending to the wound.
Messages In This Thread
Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 23, 2021, 12:14 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 24, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 25, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 25, 2021, 06:55 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 29, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 30, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 09, 2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 12, 2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 20, 2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 25, 2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 25, 2021, 04:54 PM