Sun Mote Copse Kiss me goodnight
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Sorry for the lack of response, life and all. This week I'll also be going on a Ski trip, so I may take an extra few days before another response but I'm hoping I can get a response in between nursing my future newbie snowboarding battle scars lol

The backstory Vein gave was, to say the least, unexpected. To Rye it did not seem like a tall tail, it was a rather specific and dulled the male down in the end. There were questions that arose but it was not his place to ask, pain from his tender wound dragged his attention away anyhow. A cold nose sifted through his fur, presumably gathering all the information it could on the status and condition of the wound. Rye had not bothered to remove the matted, dirt and blood infused fur thanks to the smarting pain that came with any sort of touch. As the medic moved the fur, tiny pin pricks dotted his skin in quick succession and left Rye holding his breath; releasing it once the medic was finished. 

He wasn't too surprised to hear he had an infection, the way his wound burned throughout the night was a dead give away. The rest of medical jargon was completely lost to him, which was fine, if he understood it all he'd be having serious doubts about his temporary personal medic. All he wanted was the pain and swelling to reduce and never return, the past few weeks for the male were hell on earth. Losing weight, dehydration and nearly starving to death was torture, even if the male had past experiences with it. Rye was confident a few years have been taken off his lifespan but he was also granted to live the remaining years he may have. Give and take, life and death; a cycle that was dutifully kept in check by nature. A myriad of questions pelted Ryes' brain but he didn't want to be up all night, so he kept his mouth shut and let Vein do what he needed. 
While the white one got lost in his tasks, Rye simply laid on his good shoulder, propping himself up by his elbow and watched the medic pace back and forth, lost in their own world. For a minute Rye was convinced he was forgotten about until Vein dropped a stick in front of him before explaining the need for it. With a great sigh, Rye lifted himself up from the ground and prepared himself for the agony that was soon to consume him. "I've eaten enough bark to choke a bear, I won't bite you but do tell your story, it will give me something to focus on while you work. If you need to move me a certain way tell me, or just move me the way you need." Rye dragged the branch closer to him just in case but the smell of the bark and the though of the texture already made him queasy. Too many bark painkillers ingested left him a tad resentful of the trees and their extremities. 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 23, 2021, 12:14 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 24, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 25, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 25, 2021, 06:55 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 29, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 30, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 09, 2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 12, 2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 20, 2021, 02:43 PM