Sun Mote Copse Kiss me goodnight
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
No Worries I’m in no rush, in my next post are you ok with me power playing a bit more and changing bandages twice (Especially if Rye tries to sleep) and then again to give him the bandage that focuses on wound closing

Vein wasn’t one to make a patient wait and he set to work tugging hair from the edge of the wound and carefully removing any scab, it caused the wound to bleed quickly running down Rye’s chest and into the snow. As he cleaned the area he spoke “Our pack was in the north far from here we were all white wolves, better to blend into the snow. But that did not save us from the two legs, some how those things took offence to our being alive…
Vein paused then inspecting his handy work deciding he needed to work the scabbing more cleaning the edges of the wound with his tongue and very very lightly the tiny incisors in the front of his maw. He worked expertly doing his best not to inflect more pain, but some was unavoidable. If Rye could not help it and struck out at him the brute would act unaffected and continue his work. He had been bitten while he worked before and his was not new to him since he was very thorough in his ministrations

Hopefully it wouldn’t come to that for as soon and he could he returned to his painful past attempting to distract the wounded wolf with his own emotional wounds “My father, The Alpha decided we were not to leave, we were there first and we had rights. The two-legs don’t care for nature and didn’t care that they crossed our borders again and again. No matter how often we marked them. Slowly they killed our members one by one,

and not even honourably.” Vein growled out clenching his teeth, He moved to get some of the poulticed leaves and began to smooth them over Rye’s wound, covering it in the charcoal that would begin the process of drawing out the infection. With a low angry voice he continued “they could attack from afar or when they were no where nearby, they left nasty things that could claim our lives when they were not there to hunt, many died without the honor of being looking their killer in the face.

Vein closed his eyes as memories surfaced, memories of infected wounds worse then Rye’s even, wounds that still had metal buried in them and nothing he could do would help those wounds heal no matter how good he got at healing. Vein set and few more leaves aside for the next poultice change and then lay next to Rye’s side. “Try to rest now I will keep you as warm as I can, and I will change your bandage in a few hours” Vein's extra large bulk giving off quite a bit of heat,.He sighed and continued his reiteration of his life, though jumping forward past the most painful parts, these were wounds he could never heal

His voice was deep rhythmic and almost detached “It was an unwinable war the the Alpha made us fight to the very last of us. All the other’s had fallen to the two-legs and their trickery. It was just me and the alpha left. One night the alpha got his head caught in a large loop of wire as we hunted a rabbit. The darn thing hopped through the wire, I tried to warn him, but I was to late the wire pulled taught and no matter what we did the wire pulled tighter and tighter. He lost his war that night, and the two legs came to collect their reward, they left his head since they too could not free it easily. Perhaps they thought leaving it there would deter any other wolves. Little did they know it was just me left then. So when they left I took the only thing of my pack left to me…. His head… since he had not served his pack in life, he’d serve his pack or what was left of his pack, in death. And that is why I keep him, to remind myself not to loose sight of the bigger picture and to give in when the gods are not in your favor.” Vein rested his head on his paws then and fell silent, he did not sleep but his breathing evened out and his body relaxed albeit forcibly.
Messages In This Thread
Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 23, 2021, 12:14 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 24, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 25, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 25, 2021, 06:55 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 29, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 30, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 09, 2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 12, 2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 20, 2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 25, 2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 25, 2021, 04:54 PM