Sun Mote Copse Kiss me goodnight
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein's body did not even jerk under the bite and nips, He bore them as par for the course. He had treated much worse and been bitten much harder, at least this one held back some. He didn’t bother responding to Rye’s whines or hurried apology’s, he allowed the wolf to sleep. Vein himself only dozed lightly keeping track of time a few hours passed and once he was sure the wolf of deep asleep he moved with light grace and ease, especially for a wolf of his size.

Very carefully he refreshed the poultice, then deftly and lightly changed it out, he scented the old poultice and could tell there was infection there. Vein rested again and in a few hours and repeated the process the smell of infection left on the older leaf was less, he pressed his tongue gently to the place where the ear met Rye’s skull for a moment checking his temperature which was slightly cool, he didn’t like that Rye’s body was working hard to fight infection. Vein lay next to Rye just close enough to  offer his body heat. As more hours past he again changed the poultice and then left briefly returning with a rabbit that he lay close by Rye, he changed the poultice with the last charcoal poultice he had left happy to note this one barely smelled of infection.

Vein prepped one more poultice of charcoal and plantain leaves and then set about prepping for  the comfrey poultice which was a far simpler then the charcoal one. He pulled Comfrey leaves from his portable caches and boring them other to Rye. Anytime the wolf was  close to waking he would speak about anything, about the sun and sky, rain and weather about the gods whims and desires, his voice was a warm rhythmic chanting voice meant to soothe the wolf back to sleep.

He changed the charcoal poultice once last time, and prepped the rabbit for the other to eat when Rye would wake next. A full day had past and likely a bit more, Vein had eaten one rabbit before bringing the other back for Rye but he was dangerous close to eating the second one.

More hours past and he pulled the last poultice free from Rye and was pleased with the result. The wound was read and angry but the scent was clean and free from infection. He picked up and carefully chewed the comfrey leaves being careful not to swallow as taking comfrey by mouth was hard on the liver. He carefully spread the chewed leaves over the wounds coating them thoroughly the comfrey would soothe the rest of the pain and encourage the body to heal Vein was not going to the needed much longer.

How do you feel?” He inquired as he watched the wolf stir, this time not attempting to soothe him back to rest
Messages In This Thread
Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 23, 2021, 12:14 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 24, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 25, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 25, 2021, 06:55 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - January 29, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - January 30, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 09, 2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 12, 2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 20, 2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Vein - February 25, 2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Kiss me goodnight - by Rye - February 25, 2021, 04:54 PM