Hideaway Strath Boys are like trees, they take 50 years to grow up
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
You are welcome to join, I’m sure. The post was aimed for Kynareth but an alpha must expect his pack to be nosey ;D

Vein was oblivious to Aerin hunkered down in the snow, unable to even scent her over the smell of the blood he had been so intimate with. 

His voice quieted the forest around him in it’s suddenness, not even a bird chirped for a few moments. However the quiet did not last long as a warm voice filtered in the air. He turned with a genuine smile on his maw, “Greetings Mi’Lord” He lowered his head in respect, a drop of blood sliding from his chin and dropped upon the ground.

He heard the pet name the grandmaster doled upon him, he had never even considered a male as anything other then… well another wolf. The only sign he was concerned about the pet name was a slight cock of his left ear, He’d put a pin in those thoughts for later.

Vein turned and admired the alter for a moment and then picked up the rabbits now heartless body and set it at Kynareth’s paws “No need to waste the body if you’d like a meal” Vein licked his lips and stood up, Normally as high priest he’d eat the remains, however this was the wolf whom shared his pack and home with him. And this was quite the high honour Vein was bestowing upon him

He cleared his throat, “I was offering the gods a worthy sacrifice for guiding me to a worthy place to serve them from.

Vein looked around the circular clearing, he’d clean it up more come spring the spring melt. “In the spring if we manage to bring a live elk or deer fawn here and make a Proper offering to the gods, A blessed hunting season would be of the gods making.” Vein’s emphasis was on the word Proper, He’d need those hot springs to properly ferment a drink for the ritual, he doubted that the entire pack would want to paint themselves in the blood of sacrifice as it yet lived, then sacrifice the heart to the gods alter. Only then to drink and eat the flesh until nothing remained but for the heart and bones; ending in song and praise, the singing made easier by the drinking of course.

Vein realized he had been standing there admiring the alter and the cooling heart for far to long and cleared his throat “I did not commune with the gods today, only offered my thanks and praise.” He dropped his tail and his posture dropped just a little like a petulant pup that had wished to do more.
Messages In This Thread
Boys are like trees, they take 50 years to grow up - by Vein - February 08, 2021, 09:15 PM
RE: Boys are like trees, they take 50 years to grow up - by Vein - February 16, 2021, 10:42 PM