Ouroboros Spine iii. out of this home
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
ahh I actually don't use one, sorry! The keyboard on my mobile has an option to use special characters such as the o and e in her name and when on my laptop I usually just copy and paste her name or anything that has those letters. Sorry again for the inconvenience, I would recommend a good ALT code but I'm not actually sure what that is aha..

The candlelight of warmth flickering in her features brightens with a momentary flare, an unexpected laugh escaping her -- though not an unkind one. Her features crackling, an ache building in the muscles of her cheeks, with the unfamiliarity of such an expression. "It is ehm, a saying. I meant only that I have all day, and likely many others, to dig my den," Aiwëndil clarified, biting her lip to smother the last vestiges of her mirth -- the candle's flame snuffed out. 

A quick glance down at her mottled paws as the birdcaller wondered to herself what he meant: how she had learned to paint, how one made paint, or how to use it. In the end, she decided to do her best to explain all aspects of creating art with the medium and glanced back up at him, gesturing for Adrastus to follow her with a small cant of her tawny crown. She would lead him over to the boulder that made up one side of her home, if allowed, stopping alongside him to face the oversized rock. "I plan to decorate this part of my home."

"My mother taught me. She was a painter as many women are in my old clan," the tracker revealed, spring gaze dropping from the boulder, flickering earthbound so that anything revealing in her pale jade gems might be hidden, downcast. "Some like to mix and keep their paint in skulls or on the shoulder and hip bones of deer which work well."

"If possible, I prefer to just mix my paint on the ground nearby. This spot would make for a good one," she patted at the flat rock that covered the ground near the boulder, which would make for a perfect planchette. "Most storytellers use things like mashed berries or animal's blood but in some places, you can find certain dirts and clays -- we call them ochres in my homeland -- that come in bright hues. These can be mixed with water or fats to make brightly colored paints, they are higher quality than other forms of paint but it's not always easy to find the materials."

The doe fell silent then, having run out of all the things she had to say about painting -- for now, at least. She repressed the urge to shift anxiously, forcing herself to remain still by her place near his shoulder, as the morco seemed a nervous man for all that he outweighed and outranked the mousy girl.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 03:59 AM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 02:27 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 06:53 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 07:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 28, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 02, 2021, 04:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 02, 2021, 08:02 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 03, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 04, 2021, 12:59 PM