Ouroboros Spine vii. for each others' warmth
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He wasn't entirely sure how to feel when she offered to help him make his den more comfortable. The idea of having her around, naturally, seemed like a wonderful plan as he enjoyed her company. He felt that she likely possessed much better skills at handling pelts than him as well, and that her contributions might be an asset- though he had to wonder if she was offering simply because she liked to help, or if it was her way of expressing that she wanted to spend more time with him. He was mildly flummoxed by the generosity of her offer, and his breath hitched for a moment. Bashfully, he dipped his head appreciatively. "I too would be honoured," He said in a soft voice. He didn't want to ask her about her pelts just then and there, though- she was busy, and had her paws covered in colour. 

He watched as she applied the mess of mud-like pulp across the stone, spreading it so that it covered the surface which would make it stand out against the green, forest backdrop the way a hunter-orange jacket might. There would be no mistaking the ulaq which belonged to the artistic painter. He did have to wonder if perhaps making such a brightly coloured statement might be somewhat of a risk, should any wolves ever intrude and take notice of the beacon in the forest and head for it. If there were pups in the den...It might attract a bit too much attention to the area for predators. Then again- they might also shy away from something so startlingly bright. 

He wasn't even terribly aware that he was still standing there, watching her with quiet patience and interest when she turned to him, her countenance much changed. All at once, she seemed somewhat hesitant and reluctant. When she spoke of men, he became concerned and he'd leapt to the conclusion, quickly, that either he had done something wrong- or that she was speaking of Raimo. He felt the pressure of mild anxiety fit itself between his shoulderblades as she spoke of the tension between the two men, and he wondered if she disapproved. He would not pretend that there was no tension between them- and he imagined that by now, the pack could feel it. Heavy, resonating, like the static in the air before an electric storm. He knew he was at least partially responsible for the tension- but he did still feel as though he was right to doubt Raimo, and to challenge him. 

The fact that Raimo had asked her to be his second did not particularly phase Adrastus. He had no qualms with women hunting alongside the men, and he knew that she was a capable hunter and tracker. If it wasn't for the defined gender roles and circles that Kukutux had explained to him, he likely would have also chosen her to be his second, once he became sivullik. She was an easy choice; skilled, capable, easy to work with. But it was quite obvious that she did not wish to go against her upbringing and beliefs. And it had obviously made her uncomfortable that Raimo sought to pull her free from the roles she felt suited her. And it brought him a devilish flush of pleasure to hear that she, too, was unnerved by the shadowy panther. 

"You are an excellent hunter and tracker. I would also have complete faith in your abilities and judgement, and would welcome you to hunt with me as you have before," He said. After all- he'd agree with Raimo on one thing; she was an asset to their pack. He sighed softly.  "You are not the only one who is not comfortable with him, and I appreciate that you have spoken to me about this." Yes, he did, very much. This was exactly what he needed to strengthen his defense. "I will be speaking to Kukutux about him very soon. I do not trust his judgement and will not follow him as sivullik." He said. He felt it might strengthen their connection, to be honest about how they did not trust the wolf who had been chosen as firsthunter. He stepped toward her, so that he might speak with a voice that was softer. "Has he done anything else to make you uncomfortable?" He asked.
Messages In This Thread
vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - March 03, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Adrastus - March 14, 2021, 06:20 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - March 16, 2021, 07:27 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 08:07 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - March 21, 2021, 06:27 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Adrastus - March 22, 2021, 10:11 AM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - April 03, 2021, 02:02 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Adrastus - April 06, 2021, 07:55 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - April 11, 2021, 11:05 AM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Adrastus - April 11, 2021, 02:23 PM
RE: vii. for each others' warmth - by Lótë - April 20, 2021, 11:48 AM