Hideaway Strath i feel all shadows of the universe
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

She hadn't seen him stop for the bark but when The Priestess realized she couldn't hear her mate's heavy footfalls behind her, Aerin slowed to cast a quick glance of concern over her shoulder -- only to catch the  sight of the Bonesplinter's playful twirling before he launched after her, quickly closing the gap her head start had given the Saluki. Whipping her head back around, the sighthound let out a breath of birdsong laughter that echoed through the trees as she lengthened her gait from a lope to the deer-like bounding her taxonomy was known for. Thin legs gathered, bunching beneath her with every powerful leap that soon had her surging away from the ruddied icebear -- his steps and labored breathing quieting and then falling silent behind her.

He was not fast enough, but then, few were. The pale doe knew that her husband couldn't be too far behind, that he would likely be able to track her even if he didn't know where she had run off to. The game of chase had suddenly morphed into one of hide-and-seek, the wolfdog searching the small clearing she had stopped in for some place to conceal herself. When her moonstones landed on a rotten log nearby, its insides hollowed out, she rushed towards it. 

Even if Vein found her here, he wouldn't be able to get her, she realized with a devilish grin. There was no hope of the huge he-wolf squeezing his way into the hiding place -- even Aerin had a hard time wiggling her way to the back of the log to coil against its wooden bottom -- and he wouldn't be able to reach in far enough to grab her and pull her out even though she doubted he would do such an uncouth thing. Giggling beneath her breath, she planted her lips against her own forearm to silence all noise, even the soft whisk of her quickened breath.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - April 12, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - April 23, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - May 02, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - May 08, 2021, 01:42 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - May 15, 2021, 10:54 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - June 05, 2021, 05:41 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - June 13, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - June 29, 2021, 08:53 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - July 04, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - July 10, 2021, 03:19 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - July 25, 2021, 12:13 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Vein - July 27, 2021, 07:30 PM
RE: i feel all shadows of the universe - by Necahual - August 09, 2021, 12:48 PM