Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Pain patches splotched the lower half of his body that touched the ground, pinches and dull aches that felt like rocks and pine needles stuck into his skin. Abrasions and bruises, covered Ryes body, he was confident there was a bruise and cut for every hair on his body. Comfort was merely a dream now, a frustratingly sparse dream. Lanes words pulled him from the thoughts of his hounding pain, his eyes meeting hers with a smile of his own exchanging a silent welcome. Her gift of a soaked moss ball was visually refreshing and soon to be physically refreshing as well. Rye stuffed the moss into his cheek, squeezing it and drinking the water that oozed out from its temporary storage. Dirt, slime, and leafy greenness all accumulated into one big taste of liquid earth. Although it wasn't the best taste in the world, Rye would not complain to his companion. She was there out of the kindness of her heart and Rye wasn't going to let that go unappreciated. A gift would be arranged for her in the future, its contents not yet know to the male but he was sure to make it a worthwhile gift.
Rye released the moss ball from his cheek and set it beside him. "The experts say I should rest? You'll have to tell them I can't rest. I have responsibilities to tend to, which have grown exponentially in importance these past weeks." Rye gave Lane the cheeky head tilt and raised eyebrows of 'you can't stop me' before continuing. "If I can walk, then I can at the very least try to keep up on the endless list of chores to do around here." He hated the thought of being useless, he didn't want to be the weak chain link because of his mistake. It wasn't going to pan out that way, even if Lane chew his ear for not heeding medical advice. "Thank you for the drink by the way." His voice was not back to its usual smooth self but the rasp was nearly gone and the thick dryness of his throat had dissipated. 
Lanes question lead Rye into deep thought, his mind retracing the steps he took only a day ago. The walk, the fox, the chase and then the—. He couldn't call upon his memory to show him what happened, everything beforehand was there but it faded into obscurity the further past the chase he tried to recall. His brows furrowed while he stared at the ground. There were bits and pieces after the blank spot that was the accident but each piece was hard to nail down, they were scattered and broken like a crushed dry leaf in the wind. "Not a whole lot," Rye glanced at Lane. "Well actually, nothing really at all. I was chasing a fox and that's as far as I can remember, after that I can't think back on any memories. It feels like it's there, it feels so tangible but I can't get to it. I know that I hurt myself but the how is lost to me. I do remember a small portion of the after the accident but those are weird and hazy. What happened?" There was a little frustration that came with not having those memories, and some fear that he clearly hurt himself bad enough not to have memories of the event. To say the least, he was curious to know what he did. 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Rye - May 16, 2021, 02:41 PM