Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye wanted to take mental notes as best he could. It didn't matter what it was, he was going to do his best to keep it locked within his mind. His eyes watched Lanes movements, tracing them almost, until she began removing the bandage. Blood had encrusted a few dozen hairs to the cast and as Lane removed her work it whisked the hair from their follicles, angering his fiery hot wound. Rye seethed through his teeth, biting back the urge to nip at Lane. Afterwards, the woman soothed the warm injury with the moss ball, earning a sigh of relief from the hotah. By then the leaves had been ground into a fine paste, their taste mostly gone but the grit stubbornly remained stuck to his molars. Lane asked for the concoction and Rye gently unfurled his tongue to release the paste into the cobweb bandage.
The ensuing bandaging was, as expected, painful but this time Rye couldn't totally keep his bad habit contained. Lips curled back quickly to reveal sharp canines, the top of his muzzle folded on itself to aid in flashing more teeth but the male caught himself before he could commit to any physically hurtful actions. Although his teeth were once again hidden behind lips, his hackles remained standing at attention. "I'm sorry, I'm not going to hurt you, I swear. I'm sorry. It's a fear response I guess? Maybe it's just the pain." He furrowed his brows upwards, trying to come across as sincere as he felt at heart. He hoped she was finished with the process.   
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Rye - July 02, 2021, 06:27 PM