Firestone Hot Springs I think I could, if only I knew how to begin
14 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Quietly, he considered what she'd said. He scanned their surroundings, seeing no sign of anyone else. Wisps and clouds of steam danced in so many directions, wraith-like, contorting in response to the wind's touch, but, otherwise, all appeared still. After a long pause, Sieghard turned so that he could get another look at her. "You may be able to find peace on occasion, but I would advise you to be vigilant." Paying attention to one's surroundings didn't equate being in a constant state of fear - did she know that? Did she have anyone to teach her such lessons? One side of his mouth briefly curled upward in mirth as he recalled the implication that he was more dominant.

"Where I come from, you always look someone in the eyes." He stared, practically challenging her to stare back. "When you look at someone's eyes, it can help you to get a better read on them - you can sometimes get an idea of what they're thinking or how they're feeling, or you can see when their mood shifts. You can't always predict what someone is going to do, or know everything about a situation, but paying attention to the eyes can help... For example, if I'm conversing with you, and I keep glancing in a particular direction, what is drawing my attention over there? Am I keeping a secret - do I have an accomplice lying hidden, awaiting my signal to advance? If you tell me a secret, and I say that I'm going to keep it, does the expression in my eyes match my words, or does it suggest that I'm lying? Even in a fight, sometimes your opponent will look at where they intend to strike next." He stopped, not really having expected to say so much. "Of course, there are great liars in the world; like actors, they can choose from many different masks." Regardless, my advice is still sound.

He shifted his weight where he sat, still enjoying the warmth that permeated, waiting to see how she would react to the unsolicited advice.

@Arielle
Messages In This Thread
I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Arielle - November 10, 2021, 08:47 PM
RE: I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Sieghard - November 20, 2021, 07:42 AM