Sunset Valley Lights from the airfield, shining upon you.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye didn't want to say it, to admit his problems out loud, least not to Towhee. He feared she might draw conclusions about her loss with her own family and his, like it was karma for his failure. She nudged his shoulder, appealing to the core of his heart and melting his icy wall. Her gaze only worsened things. The wall crumbled. 
His tears streamed faster, sobs threatened to burst from Ryes throat but the man clenched his teeth and bit his tongue. It left the sobs to fester into hiccups, it was rather awkward for Rye to be crying and hiccuping. 
"I lost your pups and my own family too Towhee. They're gone— They're nowhere to be found. This is what I get, this is what I deserve. I was a dumbass Towhee, I watched them walk away." Rye didn't hold back on the sobs that crashed into his body, although he felt insufferably pathetic for crying in front of her but he couldn't stop himself. "This is what I get." He repeated, this time quieter, staring off into space. His crying abruptly ceased, a numbing sensation taking over. "I don't deserve you." He lastly trailed. 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 20, 2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 27, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 27, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 01, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 04, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 05, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 07, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 10, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 17, 2022, 12:51 AM