Redsand Canyon Accepting change is quite as important as defending the past
21 Posts
Ooc —
Tactics. He could only assume she meant battle tactics. War. The thought was still invigorating, even after all this time. It brought a slight smile to his face as he answered. I was, once. Like most young boys. But I haven't thought about it in a long time; I had to put those dreams aside as I found more responsibility elsewhere, The smile dissipated as he spoke, like smoke curling and fading into the air.
I guess that's a long way of saying yes, Another flash of a smile, bittersweet this time and gone far more quickly. As for why I didn't stay with my sister — it's a long story. The short version is that my family has seen a lot of tragedy over the years. Lots of death. His heart hurt, so much that he had to pause and swallow back the sudden lump in his throat.
I guided our pack; made decisions for everyone when I had to; kept them safe. Until I couldn't anymore, and then the shame of that brought me even lower. I decided I should take a break, and my siblings agreed, so I hit the road. Finding Maia and her family was a happy coincidence — but settling down with them would feel like a betrayal, He hadn't told anyone this story in full, not even Maia. But he didn't really have to, did he? She understood, he felt. It would be nice to have a purpose again, but I can't betray my duty to the family I left by settling down without them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Accepting change is quite as important as defending the past - by Coriander - January 16, 2022, 01:22 PM