Nimbus Summit who does what he can
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
for @Antha <3

The she-dog was finding her stride again. Her efforts in tracking, a task that had taken her most of the morning, had yielded a fat raccoon that had had the misfortune of distracting itself by washing its own catch in one of the shallow streams of Atautsikut's claim. It was with great pride that the amputee trotted towards one of the communal caches with her prize -- her confidence growing as she became reassured that she could still help contribute to the tribe and feed her family. 

Dropping the slain raccoon, Selkie pawed at the dirt, scraping away the layers of soil to reveal the game that had already been stashed within the cache. Bending, the speckled merle grasped the woodlander by its smoky hindleg and drug it into the upturned earth before beginning to replace the loam. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
170 Posts
Ooc —
thank you sm for starting!! i was going to but i owe soooo many threads omg
after bidding farewell to @Issorartuyok and visiting @Tessa to inquire after the progress of the medicine den and the arlathan, antha sought out imaq. she still had yet to meet the woman, presumably because @Lane was too busy to help arrange their planned get-together yet. antha was confident it would happen soon.

she glanced through the foliage as she followed what she assumed to be the trail of imaq, searching idly for young plants that looked hardy enough to transfer to the arlathan. many looked nearly ready, but antha wasn't confident in their ability to survive the transfer. not yet, but soon.

when she finally found a woman she was certain must he imaq, she greeted her with a chuff and a smile. hello. imaq, right? my name is antha. i joined atautsikut some time ago, while issorartuyok and the youth of the village were scouting for a new territory. issorartuyok and i have since become mates. i meant to introduce myself sooner, but things have been quite hectic, a mouthful of a greeting, but there was much to explain. much to catch up on with this stranger who antha shared a home with. i was looking for you, actually. lane and i recently discussed plans for the spring, and we thought you might like to be involved. we plan to build an arlathan in the valley at the southwestern edge of the mountain - arlathan means 'place of love', and it will serve as a place of safety and peace for parents and their children. it will be made into a garden, and the medicine den will be located there as well.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
  • no worries! <3
  • Imaq startled slightly when she heard a voice call out to her, turning to face the willow-branch woman with wide eyes and raised ears of surprise. She relaxed quickly as the she-wolf, Antha, launched into a friendly introduction -- admiring the woman's soft hues, which were rather like a fiery sunrise. The stocky she-dog was even surprised to feel a slight sting of jealousy, thinking herself to be rather squat and plain in comparison. That feeling heightened into embarrassment upon realizing she would be expected to answer, and she had a long way to go before she could speak with such eloquence.
  •  "Â," the merle answered with a small dip of her speckled crown, a respectful gesture. Even if women did not hold the same title of their husband, it was custom to show respect to an angajukkâk's wife. "Yes," she repeated in common, not certain if the woman was of the north like the new leader. "Imaq." Seelie's sea-kissed gaze lit up as she processed the rest of what was said. She didn't understand everything Antha referenced but it was enough that she got the general gist. "Imaq help. Imaq is ânniasiutik -- medicine woman. Imaq very happy help." The Kalallit dog's tailless rump began to wiggle, her paws tapping in the smallest of excited dances. "Imaq no anânak but Imaq help with healing. With children," she added, hoping she'd managed to get her point across and grimacing slightly in apology for her butchered use of the other's language.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."