Redsand Canyon that took my breath away
34 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
There might as well be cotton stuffed in the pup's ears, for all the notice he took of Katniss. It was a testament to just how sharp Nanuq's focus could be if he applied himself, and just how dangerous it was for a pup to be so wholly absorbed into something. Why, he would take as little notice if she was growling and snapping at him as he did now, so he should count his lucky stars Katniss wasn't a hostile enemy.

Kallik's proximity helped, and was what snapped Nanuq out of it. The damselfly darted away in a blur. Nanuq whipped his head after it to try and catch a glimpse of the wings in flight, but it was gone in an instant. The boy cast about for it in the gem-blue sky, but there was no spotting a damselfly that did not wish to be found.

The look he leveled at his father after his fur was ruffled was a tad less petulant than the look he gave Katniss next. Everyone present had seen it was Kallik who disturbed the damselfly's rest, but Nanuq blamed the stranger anyway. The subtler nuances passing between the adults did not concern him and passed him by, for he did not have a tangible concept of friends versus acquaintances versus strangers. He would regard Katniss the same way he regarded Towhee, or Germanicus, or any of the other, well-trusted individuals who frequented this part of the territory.

Anyway, even if he did know, he didn't care; he slumped there, glowering, bummed that his study of the damselfly had been interrupted.

0 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION
Messages In This Thread
that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 14, 2022, 09:15 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 19, 2022, 06:09 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 19, 2022, 02:44 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 21, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 22, 2022, 06:14 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 22, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 24, 2022, 12:34 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 24, 2022, 05:28 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Aquene - June 30, 2022, 05:37 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - August 31, 2022, 08:59 AM