The Heartwood And will not let me sleep?
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Read Only 

Backdated to follow immediately after this thread.

Left scarred and bloodied by the wrath of the revenant, Khasni was eager to disappear from the view of the forsaken

Yes, she was the type to hold a grudge. A bit of pride even joined in. Since the first day she'd laid eyes upon the putrid beast, the ties of his fate had all been brought together by her... none else. The actions he has put forth only goes to show that he is ungrateful. And she is not a fan of ungratefulness. 

The elders knew of what had ensued, but they knew not the wrath she bore. They would hear her words and she would know of whether their decision in him had been valid. For if not, the heartwood would no longer have an oracle among them.

Deep in the shadows of her hollow, Khasni crept to the pile of furs she had collected and curled upon them. Only in sleep could she converse the strongest... so, she would sleep.

Elders, hear me in my dreams. I have a bone to pick with you, and I won't wake until you've satisfied my queries.

All fall dark, all fell silent. 

Khasni now lay like a limp corpse, deep in tranquility, unwilling to return. But as promised, she would not. 

Not for a time yet...

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.