Dragoncrest Cliffs allow me to make my case
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
127 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
All Welcome 
Njord being gone didn't feel so different from Njord being here to Stingray, who rarely spent a lot of time with either of his parents one-on-one. It was no fault of their own — he was an adventurous child and wasted no opportunity to explore, leaving him precious little time for just hanging out. Still, knowing Njord wasn't home weighed on him a little bit, driving him to spend more time around the rendezvous and less getting up to troublesome shenanigans, which was likely a balm on his poor mum's soul right about now.

Missus Shelly, he asked the long-legged, red-feathered, and completely imaginary bird walking alongside him, do you think dad'll bring a present when he comes back? Lately, Ray was spending more time with Mrs. Shelly and less time with Mr. Bubbles. Mr. Bubbles was fun and happening compared to Mrs. Shelly, but he was also kind of rude. He enjoyed trying to get Ray into trouble and laughed at him when he did. Sometimes Mr. Bubbles didn't make him feel very good.

Oh, yes, dearie, I think he just might, said the bird with exaggerated motions of her large, spoon-like cyan blue bill. Mrs. Shelly always knew how to make him feel good. That was probably why Ray had invented her. She had knobby knees and walked with a springy, bow-legged step. Her tail feathers were long and yellow. He nodded agreement. Njord would definitely bring back some presents.

He paused near the stream and lifted his head up at the sight of something strange waddling along on the opposite bank. What's that? he asked, but Mrs. Shelly had no answer, so he looked around for someone else who might know.