Two Rivers Isle As you are now, ever again
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Adylaide had a shiny new title to put to her name. A title she didn't mind at all. That filled her to the brim with absolute warmth, and infused her with such giddiness. She couldn't quite keep her head focused on the tasks for the day.  So instead of fixing the borders or hunting. She instead decided to explor the area more closely.

She went across a few hills and meadows where flowers would grow come spring. She continued on further, and froze as she came to a wide hole in the ground, but not quite completely it had formed in the nearest hillock. She sniffed at it for amoment, and though she wanted to step further into the shadows. She thought she better call @Ulrich first.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich looked up from his border patrol at Adylaide's howl. His wife's howl. His wife... It was still so new to him that it did not seem real, but it flushed him with joy all the same. He wondered if everything had happened too fast, but had to keep reminding himself that they had known each other for three years. Surely three years was not too fast?

No. He would not doubt this. He doubted much, often, but he would not doubt this. He would allow himself this one happiness, the only happiness he needed.

With a satisfied sigh and smile, he went off to find Adylaide... and find her he did, standing at the edge of a massive sinkhole. Be careful! he cautioned, hurrying forward, resisting the urge to nudge her back. She was an adult; she could take care of herself. He would not be overprotective if he could help it. Such behavior was not fitting of a... a husband. He smiled at the word, even as he studied the inside of the sink hole, which was filled only with a slurry of half-frozen water and snow now. I wonder what it will look like in the spring, he mused. Will it flood...? We'll have to be cautious of this place. Sinkholes can be much bigger than one thinks, and the ground can suddenly give way beneath one's paws even far away from the edge.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady would have gotten never ending amusement and the soft and gooey's from the fact that Ulrich enjoyed calling her his wife. She as she enjoyed calling him husband. If someone had asked her months ago if she could ever have the one thing she wanted the most in the world. She would've told whomever no. Now though, now she could say yes.

What is it?

She bent her nose to the ground and sniffed at it. It was full of snow and water, but it looked like one could simply waltz right in. She wondered if you could. .....

Can you actually go in it, Ully? It looks almost a bit like a cave, but not like a cave.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
It's a sinkhole, Ulrich repeated, patiently, and gritted his teeth as she bent down to sniff at the edge. Please be careful, he said, again, nerves making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. If you fall in, you'll be freezing all day. Although... he supposed snuggling up close together in their den would not be the worst thing in the world. Still, he would prefer it if she did not fall in at all.

We could go in it, he admitted, reluctantly. Not now, of course. In the spring or summer we could probably explore inside, but we must be very careful and avoid standing too close to the walls. If the sinkhole opens up more while we're inside, the walls could come crashing down on us. We'll have to see if anything grows in here, in warmer weather.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She turned to look at him, brown eyes meeting his. I'll be careful, promise. She nodded at his words and took a step back, then another. She slowly circled it, making sure to stay away from the edges of the sinkhole. She smelled earth and plants, but she couldn't determine what they were dead and frosted beneath the snow. She wondered how deep did it go?

Ady chuckled. But you'd really rather not of course. But it may have plants or something Ully. And it might be pretty in there. Though having it crash in on us, is something i'd much rather avoid.

She looked it over again, a frown between her eyes. We will need to let any know that join us to be careful of it.

She briefly thought and if they ever bring children in the world sometime in the future. That would also need to be spoken of with them.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Sometimes the fact that Adylaide only saw the beauty in the world frustrated Ulrich. Rolling his eyes—he couldn’t help it—he said, In the summer, the hills here will be covered in plants and flowers and pretty things. There won’t be a reason to come to this dangerous place. Somehow he was sure she would find a reason to come back, anyway. Still, he was glad that she had backed far away from the edge. She had a sense of self-preservation, after all.

She spoke of warning any others who joined them of this sinkhole. Yes, he agreed. Ideally, we’d give this place a wide berth. Frowning, he tried to think of something positive to say. It does work as a good landmark, if nothing else.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She happened to lift her gaze at his eye roll, and despite that she knew he was exasperated. And she wasn't hurt by his ways. She did make a small pout at him. There is beauty in danger though too Ully. That is why sometimes the darkness is pretty. Dark things are beautiful too.

She turned to look at him again, a fresh smile on her face and she chuckled. It almost killed you to say that didn't it, Ully.

She giggled again and smoothed her muzzle over the furrow in his brow. She had to tip toe to do it, but she did it.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich grinned sheepishly and stared at his paws, surprised that she had caught his eye-roll. Sorry, he muttered.

“There is beauty in danger though, too, Ully.”

Yes, he thought to himself, looking at her again. And there is danger in beauty. He could not help but go through all that had transpired between them in the last weeks. How dangerously they had behaved toward one another, how flirtatious, how… He took a deep breath, nostrils flaring, eyes glinting, and shook himself.

She teased him, then, for finding it so difficult to say nice things, good things. I don’t know that it almost killed me, he rumbled, and felt himself grow warm at her touch, as she smoothed his brow beneath her muzzle. He hummed in satisfaction at her touch, however embarrassed it made him.

Clearing his throat, he said, Well, shall we mark this place off as explored for now? We should discover more about the isle if we can. If we’re going to live here, we should know its ins and outs.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There wasn't much that didn't inspire Ady to find beauty in things. This was certainly one of those times. She danced a little closer to the sink hole, but it was not the sink hole she sniffed at, but the ground around it. She couldn't quite figure out why sink holes fell.

He could say nice things to her, about her all day long. And that was what she knew. Ully was sheepish, but it was adorable she felt. He looked so flustered, and she enjoyed the small little thrill it gave her. That she could fluster him so.

Let's mark a little heavier here, as a warning for any who come to us. She tilted her head and studied the sink hole again.

How does this even happen? These sink holes? I know you probably haven't an answer, but goodness, look at it.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich nodded at her suggestion to mark this area more heavily, as a warning. He found a likely patch of dead brush, squatted down, and urinated.

"How does this even happen?" she asked.

He frowned and studied the sinkhole. You're right. I have no answer. Just like I don't know why earthquakes happen, or why lightning causes fires. He blinked. Actually, perhaps the two are related? An earthquake broke the ground here, perhaps? I don't know. He frowned some more. I hope earthquakes are not prone to this area. That would be very dangerous...

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady moved to the other side and did the same thing. Her eyes on everything, but her mind still on the area around her and the giant sink hole.

She smiled at his droll statements and shook he head. Her Ulrich was always such a worrier. I don't think we have to worry about that. I see no other things that point to such things.

She thought about it for a moment. There would be rifts I think. Granted I don't know much about earthquakes either.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
You're probably right, Ulrich admitted. I do tend to overthink about these things. This sinkhole was probably a freak accident of nature. He looked around, noting where Adylaide had marked the area, and nodded, satisfied. That seems like enough. Anyone within several miles would be able to smell this place now. Come. We have more exploring to do.

With a smile, he turned away, beckoning to his wife over his shoulder.

[Exit].