Redhawk Caldera As the seasons change I want to be there with you
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Had it been anybody else, Peregrine might have told her to get lost then but this was his sister. Whatever strangeness that had just passed between them, he wasn't about to forget that fact. He paused and gazed at her silently a moment, his tail twitching thoughtfully, then repeated his nudge. While she looked for some demonic presence in his face, he sought her familiar, sisterly gaze.

"What would you like to do?" he queried lightly. "I'm up for anything, as long as it's with my favorite sister." He managed a cheeky smile, then sobered a little and added, "It was just a little spat and doesn't have to mean anything. I mean, you came here to get us back on happier footing and that's where I want to be with you. Let's put it behind us and do something fun." They weren't kids anymore and they weren't even pack mates. They had grown apart in some ways, yet Peregrine wasn't going to accept that, just like that, they had somehow drifted irrevocably apart. That was horse shit, in his opinion.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Peregrine seemed to shift easily from irriation at Osprey to the cheerful ignorance, as if nothing had happened. Maybe from the point he stood - nothing had. She thought differently, therefore she couldn't pretend that there wasn't a considerable distance between them - she couldn't cross it with one leap, she stood at the edge, looked at the other side and had doubts.

"It will take time for me to go back home," she said, sounding apologetic, avoiding Perry's gaze at the same time. It was true - if she wanted to reach Blacktail deer plateau before the sundown, she had to leave. Though she knew the truth - she wanted a reason to go. "Let's leave it for another time," she mustered up a happy smile and reached over to give him a friendly touch on the cheek. "See you then?" she smiled.

ooc: maybe you can wrap this up in your next post.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It really threw him that Osprey would come all this way to apologize and mend their relationship, only to leave on this note. When she said she had to go and avoided looking him in the eye, Peregrine was at a total loss. Arguments bubbled to his lips, yet he pressed his lips closed against them. None of this made any sense. In hindsight, it would be for the better, but right now, nothing was adding up in his eyes.

"Okay," he said simply, his voice soft. "Love you, Oss. Take care." He stopped to watch her go, standing like a frozen statute until her silhouette disappeared into the distance. Peregrine looked troubled and sincerely wished they hadn't parted on such strange footing. Things were almost worse than before she'd come to make amends.

At last, he turned and walked off with a quiet sigh.