Golden Glade Melodies of Fleeting Chances
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
All Welcome 
all are welcome here!

One song stood out among all the thoughts that went through his head, and there were many.
He knew all about songs, as his pelt caught filtered sunlight through the Glade he had stumbled upon while searching for a place to find food and shelter for the night. The yearling's belly rumbled pitifully as he watched a rabbit run straight out of his line of sight. Hviske did not give chase. What am I even doing out here alone? I miss Da and Ma. 

They were gone. Home didn't feel like home, his littermates were about as hopeless as he was. Don't give up. Da raised you better. Plan, Hviske. Plan.

Wolfsong, Da had called it, a silken itch in a wolf's throat to set loose themselves upon the wind and, if one was lucky, hear a response. The song in his throat did not feel as if it would be pleasant, for his tale was not one of pleasure. A yearling wolf lifted his nose to the sky, losing himself in a single breath.
-
Hear my call, O Mighty Wild
Let my song take breezes mild
O'er the hills and your darkened groves
let it ring through your land and find its rose

Let my song reach fellow ear
A wolf alone but a year
Seasons come without a friend
Will my time as lonesome end?
-
Hviske continued his search for shelter, hoping his song would be heard. If not, well, another plan would have to be made.

" Let your dreams take wing upon twilight breezes,
for only by the moon's guidance can they find the path to light. "

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lýkos was out in the territory by his pack and heard a young wolf let out a song. It intrigued him so he followed the sound and soon found the young boy who sang it. Lýkos himself was used to being called a boy since he was just 3 but this guy was really just a boy. Probably no more than 1. Kinda young to be out by himself, and not smelling of others. 

"Hey." Lýkos said. "You're close to my packs territory, are you alright though?" He asked, commenting on his young age. He felt in control here though as this wolf wasn't bigger than him, though he probably would be some day.
Signature
--
His name means wolf, but he is half coyote, half wolf. He hates his 'coy' side though.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
I - uh- Hviske had not expected anyone to be nearby, as he hadn't been able to sense any. Another plan, foiled- he thought bitterly. In truth, the newcomer had startled him. He turned his attention to the canine - no bigger than him, but he smelled older. 

Oh no- he thought, his mind racing for words that would get him out of this without getting hurt. 

The young wolf sighed. I know a pack is nearby; that's why I've not encroached further. But I've nowhere else to go... and... their scent reminds me of Da and Ma. A comforting sort of scent.

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lykos softened. The boy was obviously missing his family and he was spooked. “what’s your name kid? why are you out all alone, not smelling of others. you seem too young to be away from a pack and out on your own.” He asked gently, keeping his slight distance though as to not spook him. “I am Lykos, a coywolf of the pack over here, Two Rivers Isle.
Signature
--
His name means wolf, but he is half coyote, half wolf. He hates his 'coy' side though.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Hviske nodded, his moment of startlement eased for the time being. Hviske, he introduced himself, pronouncing his name 'viska'. And... they aren't here anymore. Ma and Da, I mean. They went up there- he solemnly lifted his muzzle to the sky, his voice holding back the hurt in his heart. Grey-muzzles, both of them - Ma went up there first - and Da couldn't handle us all alone. There were... nine of us? Maybe ten, I don't know. We were all young, besides Pebble and Da. Da found another she-wolf to help out with everything, but... I guess it's hard being new to a family, and especially one with an old father and so many yearlings and pups. Da... he - a bear was attacking the den and - and ... 

The young wolf took a second to compose himself. It wasn't part of his plans to get so emotional, but he was only a yearling, lost and all alone, carrying the whispers of a pack he loved and lost. 

He breathed, shook his head, and continued. 

... the new she-wolf found herself the leader of a pack she barely knew. And... it... all kinda... spiraled from there... now I'm... alone, and I don't know where I am or... what I'm supposed to do.

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Jeez. That was not what he was expecting. This kid had been through a lot. Lykos was not one to be the comforting type but he gently rested his tail on the boy's shoulder. "Jeez buddy I'm really sorry. I, I don't really know what to say. I uh, I could call my alpha/leader and see if he'd be ok with you joining the pack but I have no say in that." Lykos told him. "I'll hang with you though if you want until he comes. Also, if you want, you can call me Socks, my friends call me Socks, for my 4 white paws." He said.
Signature
--
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Hviske nodded softly. His voice quiet, as if through it all, he hadn't the ability to speak at a normal volume.

I- I'd... like... that.

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Lykos nodded and sat down next to Hviske and then called out for @Ulrich
Signature
--
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
realistically I'm pretty sure it would take Ulrich like an entire day to reach them from the Isle, so I'm not sure what to do here lol. Maybe have them move toward the Isle and they meet halfway?

Ulrich heard the call from a fair distance. It did not sound urgent, but he wondered with some trepidation why Lykos would be calling for him from so far away. It would take some time to reach the younger man. He hoped Lykos was not injured...

Releasing a low howl to let the others at the Isle know where he was going, he took off at a fast but manageable pace, howling again, this time louder, to let Lykos know he was coming.

So maybe Ulrich meets them the next time I post?

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
oh lol i thought they were much closer lmao-

Lykos heard his howl returned by the pack leader, but only then did he realize just how far from the Isle they were. "We have to go closer. We're still quite far." Lykos told the young boy. "My alpha just called back, we need to move in close to meet though."

hope its ok for the skip rn Kai! just thought it made more sense for this to be posted!
Signature
--
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The boy nodded softly, getting to his paws to follow the odd wolf.

I- I think I've met the... leader? he thought out loud. Though I'm not sure if I got his name, or if that was him. I met a black wolf a little bit ago. He was nice. The wolf sounded a bit like Da had, and every bit the image of his mother. It made his heart ache thinking about the two great wolves.

His mind wandered back to the present and wondered if the black wolf had pups of his own. Hviske sometimes felt like one - though he didn't quite know how old he was, he couldn't have been older than a year or two. The yearling was taller than a pup, his long legs towering over hares and other pup-sized creatures.

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Right, want to head towards my pack then? We need to meet him again if you want to join." lykos said
Signature
--
32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
fading cuz im yeeting lykos

Lykos led the boy more towards his pack
Signature
--