Hushed Willows All this pain I hold
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
Omnium had lead the way for a majority of the venture, carefully leading Etephyr through the mountains with a keen sense of direction despite the thunder and lightning that threatened their safety. The brute was a seasoned traveler who had passed the mountains by already once this year, so the journey was not as difficult for himself as it was for his companion. Omnium would wince more than once as he saw her collect her vast list of wounds, but he remained unscathed other than the occasional cut to his paw from sharp rocks in their terrain. Patches of his long, shedding fur were left in their wake. A trail for another to follow, if they wished, but it was a protective layer that kept his skin from being scratched. The only part that taxed him was the mud that seemed to mat into his fur at an annoying rate. His lighter colored underbelly was now a dark brown from its presence.

The large male followed Etephyr dutifully as she trudged the last of the mountain into the shelter of the forest only for her to collapse. A small smile was suppressed at her crumpled figure as he drifted to a nearby patch of grass to rest his own legs. Omnium did not feel sore yet, but the tightness to his muscles told him that it was a likely future. He laid down on the damp grass, taking the opportunity to pick the remaining gravel from his front paws and nursing the small cuts that littered them. The mud refused to fling from his tongue as he tried to spit it out, so he settled for licking the damp grass to rid himself of the taste. When his mouth was cleared, he spoke, This seems like a good spot anyway.

Omnium closed his eyes and flopped to his side with his legs pointed to the side, rubbing his face in the soft grass. A much needed relaxation after a day of hard travel. One yellow eye cracked open to observe his lady friend. You travel well, Etephyr. Is there anything you might need? A gentle offer after seeing just how tired she truly was.
Messages In This Thread
All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 04, 2023, 01:45 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Omnium - May 04, 2023, 02:58 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 06, 2023, 08:54 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Omnium - May 07, 2023, 03:04 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 07, 2023, 05:54 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Omnium - May 07, 2023, 06:39 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 13, 2023, 08:17 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Omnium - May 16, 2023, 02:47 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 26, 2023, 03:07 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Omnium - May 27, 2023, 08:10 PM
RE: All this pain I hold - by Etephyr - May 27, 2023, 10:22 PM