Hoshor Plains [m] when the lights go out and i'm all alone again
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Winds blew with young summer comfort, the warmth encircling them with a purpose of bringing the star-crossed lusters closer together... and so Wren complied. Her teeth against his skin lowered his remaining defenses. She asked if he could. 

Sure. 

She asked if he wanted a family.

He pulled from her embrace. 

"Wren, I-" What would she think of him? A man who was no longer in contact with his children, not by choice but by circumstance. He couldn't be vulnerable with her in this way without being vulnerable about who he really was. His past. "I have a family." Quickly, Marcus flashed his eyes that wandered off to the side back to the woman. "I mean had a family."

The pain and embarassment of his circumstances shook his voice, bringing it to a low mumble. No doubt this would kill the mood. Pushing aside the sick feeling of shame from his forefront, he felt it best to explain a little more. "My ex left me for someone else and I lost privileges to my children." 

A heaviness stuck to his russet coat, weighing him down but not enough to keep him from stepping toward Wren slightly. He searched for her reaction, looking from one doe eye to the next. "I thought you should know this. Not telling you would just feel... wrong." It wasn't that he didn't want a family, but the thought of it scared him as much as he knew it scared her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] when the lights go out and i'm all alone again - by Marcus - June 07, 2023, 01:14 PM