Gyrfalcon's Keep Path of old canoe
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
BWP: Weather conditions are so favorable for fruit that your character discovers delicious fermented fruit.

When the mist lifted, the air remained moist and warm, and the heat of midsummer pushed away the usual cool breezes that kept the Keep breezy. For several days, this had been the case, and with the rise in temperature and bounty of overnight rain, the wild strawberries had flourished along the forest floor. The tiny white flowers that had blossomed in the thousands drew the attention of wild bees, a process which would reward the other wildife of the area with a superbloom of strawberry fruits. 

The mid-day heat caused the berries to become warm, and when she tasted them they were almost beyond-ripe. She knew the taste, and felt pleased with it. Knowing now that she carried life within her, she would reluctantly have to taste the fermented fruit only in moderation- but she would enjoy sharing this with her packmates. 

One, currently, needed a conversation. A conversation which normally would have been the duty of the high priestess, but Solveig instead took up the responsibility, willing to lead the pack and hold it together so long as they were content to remain that way. She called for @Greyfalcon so that she might speak with her eager, kindly packmate, and sort out her true fit in the pack.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 01, 2023, 02:27 PM)Solveig Wrote:
BWP: Weather conditions are so favorable for fruit that your character discovers delicious fermented fruit.

When the mist lifted, the air remained moist and warm, and the heat of midsummer pushed away the usual cool breezes that kept the Keep breezy. For several days, this had been the case, and with the rise in temperature and bounty of overnight rain, the wild strawberries had flourished along the forest floor. The tiny white flowers that had blossomed in the thousands drew the attention of wild bees, a process which would reward the other wildife of the area with a superbloom of strawberry fruits. 

The mid-day heat caused the berries to become warm, and when she tasted them they were almost beyond-ripe. She knew the taste, and felt pleased with it. Knowing now that she carried life within her, she would reluctantly have to taste the fermented fruit only in moderation- but she would enjoy sharing this with her packmates. 

One, currently, needed a conversation. A conversation which normally would have been the duty of the high priestess, but Solveig instead took up the responsibility, willing to lead the pack and hold it together so long as they were content to remain that way. She called for @Greyfalcon so that she might speak with her eager, kindly packmate, and sort out her true fit in the pack.
Greyfalcon loved the light mist in the air, the scent making her feel akin to her early home in Canada…. The warmth felt good on her dark patches while her lighter spots reflect the sun as to not burn her face.

She heard a call in the wind, and a smell on the breeze. Berries and the call of a packmate, warm and familiar. It was @Solveig , the kind wolf that had welcomed her into their domain and offered her refuge.

She hastily made her way to the sound of the call, stopping several feet away from her. Her pale ash brown fur was beautiful in the sun, and her mocha medicine cap almost caught the warmth of the sun.
She met her green eyes and walked closer, gently wagging her tail in friendly gesture. “You called for me?” She asked politely.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Gyr did not make her wait long, and dutifully approached with unwavering eagerness in her expression. It was no less than what Solveig had anticipated the newcomer to be- she'd made an impeccable impression and had stuck around since, even after the change in leadership. Now, Solveig thought, was the time to reward her for her fidelity. 

"Yes- come, sit with me a while. Have some of the berries if you wish; I believe the weather has warmed them, made them ferment. An acquired taste for some, but you might like it," She said, gesturing to the tiny red strawberries that specked the ground beneath the plant's trio of leaves. "I wanted to see how you are settling in?" She asked, curious to see if Hljóðrfell met her expectations.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 01, 2023, 09:26 PM)Solveig Wrote: Gyr did not make her wait long, and dutifully approached with unwavering eagerness in her expression. It was no less than what Solveig had anticipated the newcomer to be- she'd made an impeccable impression and had stuck around since, even after the change in leadership. Now, Solveig thought, was the time to reward her for her fidelity. 

"Yes- come, sit with me a while. Have some of the berries if you wish; I believe the weather has warmed them, made them ferment. An acquired taste for some, but you might like it," She said, gesturing to the tiny red strawberries that specked the ground beneath the plant's trio of leaves. "I wanted to see how you are settling in?" She asked, curious to see if Hljóðrfell met her expectations.
She nodded, and sat down gracefully. “Thank you, these look delicious.” She gently nibbled a berry and then swallowed it, tart with a hint of summer sweetness. “I am settling in fine so far, I ran into Rusalka the other day… he’s an interesting man. He seems like a good warrior, or more accurately, a temple guard as he told me.”
She loved her new home so far, and eventually she would go bird watching one of these summer days, hoping to see some gyrfalcons. She did definitely hear them quite often.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 02, 2023, 12:25 AM)Greyfalcon Wrote:
(July 01, 2023, 09:26 PM)Solveig Wrote: Gyr did not make her wait long, and dutifully approached with unwavering eagerness in her expression. It was no less than what Solveig had anticipated the newcomer to be- she'd made an impeccable impression and had stuck around since, even after the change in leadership. Now, Solveig thought, was the time to reward her for her fidelity. 

She nodded, and sat down gracefully. “Thank you, these look delicious.” She gently nibbled a berry and then swallowed it, tart with a hint of summer sweetness. “I am settling in fine so far, I ran into Rusalka the other day… he’s an interesting man. He seems like a good warrior, or more accurately, a temple guard as he told me.”
She loved her new home so far, and eventually she would go bird watching one of these summer days, hoping to see some gyrfalcons. She did definitely hear them quite often.
“I also love the territory, in so many ways it reminds me of home every single day. In a very good way, I feel at home once again!”
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 02, 2023, 12:25 AM)Greyfalcon Wrote:

“I also love the territory, in so many ways it reminds me of home every single day. In a very good way, I feel at home once again!”
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Interesting? Solveig chuckled, trying to imagine sweet, friendly Greyfalcon having a conversation with the much more wry, stony Rusalka. She swished her tail, thinking warmly that they might become friends eventually, especially considering how fond she was of each of them. "Yes, he is quite a character," She murmured pleasantly. "He will make an excellent guard." She commented, before she leaned in to listen keenly to Greyfalcon's impression of her new home. 

"Well, I am glad to hear that." She said, "We are hoping this will continue to be a new home, especially considering there will be new additions within the month," She said, with glowing pride. "But I would like to know, which path you would choose within the pack, and which duties you would like to take on," She suggested.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 02, 2023, 01:03 PM)Solveig Wrote: Interesting? Solveig chuckled, trying to imagine sweet, friendly Greyfalcon having a conversation with the much more wry, stony Rusalka. She swished her tail, thinking warmly that they might become friends eventually, especially considering how fond she was of each of them. "Yes, he is quite a character," She murmured pleasantly. "He will make an excellent guard." She commented, before she leaned in to listen keenly to Greyfalcon's impression of her new home. 

"Well, I am glad to hear that." She said, "We are hoping this will continue to be a new home, especially considering there will be new additions within the month," She said, with glowing pride. "But I would like to know, which path you would choose within the pack, and which duties you would like to take on," She suggested.
She listened to Solveig, it seemed like she knew this man they speak of rather fondly. She nodded in agreement.

“Well that’s wonderful news,” she said happily, she had wondered what kind of additions…. She had noticed the woman’s figure upon approach, but she did not want to mention it as that is solveig’s business. 

As for a purpose, a rank of her own… “I am a good huntress, and I also consider myself good at reconnaissance, scouting out new grounds. What roles might you have that may suit me? I am also open to learning new skills.”
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig smiled, appreciative of what she took as a compliment. "I am pleased. They are Rusalka's," She mentioned, deciding it may as well be common knowledge. She sensed there might still be some tension between her two packmates, but she felt that both might soften toward one another with the arrival of children. "But I will teach them to be a bit less...austere," She said with a chuckle. 

Greyfalcon it seemed, was willing to fulfill a number of roles, though Solveig was keen to see her choose a trade, and follow it so that she might find proper placement for her. Her own daughter had chosen her rank, and while it was not what Solveig would have wanted for her daughter to do, she accepted it nonetheless. 

"Well, there are many possibilities, and I am thinking that in times of peace such as this, that I might add a rank of Skaði to our Vorn tier. This would be for hunters...But if you are skilled at scouting, I think I might have a task for you, then," She said. She remembered how Asvoria had tasked her with searching for other packmates- and felt it was time once again to canvas the area for additional wolves to add to their ranks. "I would like for you to go on a mission, and try to find us some new pack members," She said. "Do this, and I will make for you the rank of Njósn."
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 02, 2023, 03:02 PM)Solveig Wrote: Solveig smiled, appreciative of what she took as a compliment. "I am pleased. They are Rusalka's," She mentioned, deciding it may as well be common knowledge. She sensed there might still be some tension between her two packmates, but she felt that both might soften toward one another with the arrival of children. "But I will teach them to be a bit less...austere," She said with a chuckle. 

Greyfalcon it seemed, was willing to fulfill a number of roles, though Solveig was keen to see her choose a trade, and follow it so that she might find proper placement for her. Her own daughter had chosen her rank, and while it was not what Solveig would have wanted for her daughter to do, she accepted it nonetheless. 

"Well, there are many possibilities, and I am thinking that in times of peace such as this, that I might add a rank of Skaði to our Vorn tier. This would be for hunters...But if you are skilled at scouting, I think I might have a task for you, then," She said. She remembered how Asvoria had tasked her with searching for other packmates- and felt it was time once again to canvas the area for additional wolves to add to their ranks. "I would like for you to go on a mission, and try to find us some new pack members," She said. "Do this, and I will make for you the rank of Njósn."

She found herself stifling a chuckle as well. If they were Rusalkas pups, then may-haps he has a hidden tender side.Listening to every word, she considered her options. The second option seemed very appealing.

“I will accept this mission, you may consider it done.” She said, and asked, “When shall I take my leave?”
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig smiled appreciatively to know that Greyfalcon would step up and perform the task asked of her. It would soon be too late for Solveig to go out and recruit, and she would not risk the health and safety of the pack’s first litter of pups in the wilds. She thought Greyfalcon more than capable of taking care of herself- and likely to attract good company. 

”Begin as soon as you are fit and fed for travel; take a week, a week and a half if you like to travel, but do not stray much further than that. Does this sound amenable?” She asked.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 02, 2023, 05:14 PM)Solveig Wrote: Solveig smiled appreciatively to know that Greyfalcon would step up and perform the task asked of her. It would soon be too late for Solveig to go out and recruit, and she would not risk the health and safety of the pack’s first litter of pups in the wilds. She thought Greyfalcon more than capable of taking care of herself- and likely to attract good company. 

”Begin as soon as you are fit and fed for travel; take a week, a week and a half if you like to travel, but do not stray much further than that. Does this sound amenable?” She asked.
She smiled in return. “I will. Yes, a week will do fine, I can easily make it work.”
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
"I know you will." Solveig said with a smile. She stretched slightly, and felt the children within her shift a bit. They had been a surprisingly quiet litter, and her pregnancy had cost her very little in terms of trouble. She weathered the symptoms well thus far. 

"I am thinking there will be some changes," She said. "I think we should continue to have our faith- but perhaps we do not need the same rank structure we have had for many years. This pack is peaceful...We do not currently need an army of shield-maidens," She said. When she'd gone out looking for potential packmates, she had kept guardians and warriors mostly at the forefront of her design for what the pack needed- and perhaps they did need more guardians, but they also needed more skilled wolves of all kinds. "We will create a home where all can live," She said. "So long as they abide by our virtues, and will take care of one another."
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 03, 2023, 11:41 AM)Solveig Wrote: "I know you will." Solveig said with a smile. She stretched slightly, and felt the children within her shift a bit. They had been a surprisingly quiet litter, and her pregnancy had cost her very little in terms of trouble. She weathered the symptoms well thus far. 

"I am thinking there will be some changes," She said. "I think we should continue to have our faith- but perhaps we do not need the same rank structure we have had for many years. This pack is peaceful...We do not currently need an army of shield-maidens," She said. When she'd gone out looking for potential packmates, she had kept guardians and warriors mostly at the forefront of her design for what the pack needed- and perhaps they did need more guardians, but they also needed more skilled wolves of all kinds. "We will create a home where all can live," She said. "So long as they abide by our virtues, and will take care of one another."

“Change is a good thing, and faith is very important for all of us to remain connected.” Gyr had learned from her time here that this packs faith was its rock, it’s cornerstone one might say. She has learned of this faith the pack follows, and she has felt at peace knowing that there were higher beings watching over her. These spirits would help her and guide her on her journey to bring more wolves to this haven. 

“I will find these wolves, keeping what you have taught and told me in mind.” “Now if it pleases you, may I head back to my den site and prepare for the journey ahead?”
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig would never fully turn her back on the Gods; but she would not attempt to step up into a position she knew she could not properly hold, as a High Priestess. She also knew that it was unlikely they should find another, unless one of their former packmates showed up, having left Sóldalr. Given the fact that most of the wolves they'd left behind had abandoned their faith almost completely, it was unlikely one would come this way, hoping to rebuild. 

They might move forward in a new way, once their numbers grew. She thought in two weeks time there would be children, and that in the interim, Greyfalcon might seek out more to help guard and hunt, or learn folks trades as Thyra had. She nodded thankfully, excusing Greyfalcon so she could go and prepare herself for the journey. "Travel safe," She wished her packmate well.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
90 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 07, 2023, 02:37 PM)Solveig Wrote: Solveig would never fully turn her back on the Gods; but she would not attempt to step up into a position she knew she could not properly hold, as a High Priestess. She also knew that it was unlikely they should find another, unless one of their former packmates showed up, having left Sóldalr. Given the fact that most of the wolves they'd left behind had abandoned their faith almost completely, it was unlikely one would come this way, hoping to rebuild. 

They might move forward in a new way, once their numbers grew. She thought in two weeks time there would be children, and that in the interim, Greyfalcon might seek out more to help guard and hunt, or learn folks trades as Thyra had. She nodded thankfully, excusing Greyfalcon so she could go and prepare herself for the journey. "Travel safe," She wished her packmate well.
She wagged her tail, and gave a thankful look. “I will, and I won’t let you down.”