Blacktail Deer Plateau Aw! Let’s play!
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
All Welcome 
Quote:This ones for the kids to come and hopefully get more acquainted with their aunty Gyr :)
~
After Gyr had fed and left her baby to rest for a while, she left the densite and romped through a nearby small field. This felt so good, it had been quite awhile since she let her inner puppy self out.

She sat down, taking in the quite sunshine. Feeling this felt good, wait…. She heard something, more like, someone?
She turned around to see who it was, a playful look on her face. Was it her niece and nephews?
~
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
22 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
steals this

The journey hadn't been physically long, but for someone as young as Leifa exhaustion had hit like a truck. A long and much needed snooze would do the trick and she awoke from some roughly 10 hour nap feeling brand new. Not having had much time to get familiar with the plateau, the girl peeked her head out the cave and squinted into the sunlight. The cave was a welcome break from the increasingly chilly weather, but it felt so nice to finally breathe some fresh air again. There was something about sleeping beneath the rocks that made her feel... trapped somehow - she didn't quite understand it. It was tempting to find a den somewhere else, in the forest perhaps or near the stream, but family had kept her close for now.

Movement caught her eye and she gave chase, cracking a small grin as she recognised the scent of Greyfalcon. She didn't know her well, but perhaps they could do something fun together! When she rounded on the woman, her back was turned - now was her chance! Unfortunately, her attempt at stalking was cut short at the snap of a twig. A laugh, she'd definitely need to practice that more. At the look on the older wolf's face, Leifa forgot all about her little game, paws slipping into a mischievous play-bow as she waited to see what would happen next.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(October 17, 2023, 10:17 AM)Leifa Wrote:
steals this

The journey hadn't been physically long, but for someone as young as Leifa exhaustion had hit like a truck. A long and much needed snooze would do the trick and she awoke from some roughly 10 hour nap feeling brand new. Not having had much time to get familiar with the plateau, the girl peeked her head out the cave and squinted into the sunlight. The cave was a welcome break from the increasingly chilly weather, but it felt so nice to finally breathe some fresh air again. There was something about sleeping beneath the rocks that made her feel... trapped somehow - she didn't quite understand it. It was tempting to find a den somewhere else, in the forest perhaps or near the stream, but family had kept her close for now.

Movement caught her eye and she gave chase, cracking a small grin as she recognised the scent of Greyfalcon. She didn't know her well, but perhaps they could do something fun together! When she rounded on the woman, her back was turned - now was her chance! Unfortunately, her attempt at stalking was cut short at the snap of a twig. A laugh, she'd definitely need to practice that more. At the look on the older wolf's face, Leifa forgot all about her little game, paws slipping into a mischievous play-bow as she waited to see what would happen next.
Quote:wow, your a good writer. :O 
She picked up a scent, vaguely familiar…. She played coy, giving her a bit of an advantage, then she playfully turned around and trotted toward Leifa and bowed to the young’n, acknowledging her. Accepting the request to play. She had heard the stick, and it was a fair warning.

“Hiya, you must be Leifa?” She had a warm smile on her face, what a cute pup she was! She wondered where the other siblings were, no matter. She would get to spend quality time with sweet little Leifa.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
22 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
you are too!<3

Her request was accepted! Mentally gathering the tactics used for roughhousing her brothers, Leifa wondered if it would be the same to play with a wolf much much bigger than her. Even so, having a new playmate sounded fun. It was getting boring losing to Baldr every time and Nazair was, well, Nazair. While the older wolf was within biting range, Leifa rushed joyfully towards unguarded ears and feigned a lunge, retreating as Greyfalcon began to speak.

"That's me!" she grinned as the woman got her name right. Perhaps the whole world would know her name some day! "You're Greyfalcon, right?"
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Leifa dateline='[url=tel:1698234696' Wrote: 1698234696[/url]']
you are too!<3

Her request was accepted! Mentally gathering the tactics used for roughhousing her brothers, Leifa wondered if it would be the same to play with a wolf much much bigger than her. Even so, having a new playmate sounded fun. It was getting boring losing to Baldr every time and Nazair was, well, Nazair. While the older wolf was within biting range, Leifa rushed joyfully towards unguarded ears and feigned a lunge, retreating as Greyfalcon began to speak.

"That's me!" she grinned as the woman got her name right. Perhaps the whole world would know her name some day! "You're Greyfalcon, right?"
She smiled, crouched and wagging her tail. “Good good!” “Yes I am!” She was a sweet girl, yet she could tell that she probably never won a fight with her brothers often. She would indulge her in a play fight with her being the victor. But, not right off the back….

She still had yet to meet Nazair, mayhaps he is a shy one….
22 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
Greyfalcon was a tough opponent! Just when Leifa thought she had the upper hand, she would completely upend the young girl's strategy. It was quite frustrating really, though she took it as more of a challenge than a setback as she paused, panting, with her belly flat to the grass.

While a new plan formulated in her little brain, she recalled the journey from the Keep to the Plateau and the feathered creature that always seemed to follow the older wolf around. "Where's your bird friend today?" she queried, taking the time to look around in case she had missed it. Personally, she found birds quite irritating, but she wondered what Greyfalcon thought about them.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Leifa dateline='[url=tel:1699464313' Wrote: 1699464313[/url]']
Greyfalcon was a tough opponent! Just when Leifa thought she had the upper hand, she would completely upend the young girl's strategy. It was quite frustrating really, though she took it as more of a challenge than a setback as she paused, panting, with her belly flat to the grass.

While a new plan formulated in her little brain, she recalled the journey from the Keep to the Plateau and the feathered creature that always seemed to follow the older wolf around. "Where's your bird friend today?" she queried, taking the time to look around in case she had missed it. Personally, she found birds quite irritating, but she wondered what Greyfalcon thought about them.
Quote:haha, thank you for replying. I’ve been worried about where everyone went. Also I was hoping to refresh Gyr so she doesn’t go inactive again lol.

She giggled, backing off and sitting herself down In front of her niece. “Well played.” She smiled, looking her over, she was a well built young woman. She knew as she grew, she’d only, hopefully, get stronger. If not in battle, mayhaps in other skills.

Her birb… Oh! She had just remembered she had a bird friend, who was probably waking from a nap by now and ready for food. “He’s in resting at my den,” She said, “yet you do remind me that I must check on him and he must need fed. You can come if you like.” She motioned for the child to follow along with her. She told her about her fondness of birds, Gyrfalcons especially. “Well,” she started, “where I grew up, they were always present. My original family pack lived near the mountains and a wide lake where the Gyrs would often frequent for hunting small game which made its home there or wanted a drink.”

She hoped this would quenched her curiosity for a small time. While they made their way back to her den.
22 Posts
Ooc — orion
Away
my muse for leifa has been sooo low lmao I apologise for the wait

At Grey's invitation, the young girl followed eagerly. It wasn't every day you got to meet a bird! 

"Does he hunt for himself too?" she pondered, staring up at the woman as they walked through the meadow. "Or do you give him things you catch?" She knew that crows often fed on her leftover meals when she let them, but she had never seen one catch prey with her own eyes. She supposed the opposite might be true for gyrfalcons - or perhaps they preferred to scavenge and hunt.

Unfortunately, the tidbits of information only made Leifa's curiosity surge. "Sounds a lot like the Keep, your old family home I mean. Is that why you came here to Raventhorpe?"
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Quote:No worries! I can completely understand, my life has been occupied, and with classes starting on the 3rd I’m worried about activity lol

She turned her head to see the young woman eagerly following her, “soon he will,” she hoped, “with lots of training he will become a good self hunter I am sure. They are indeed fierce hunters by nature.” She listened, and nodded calmly, “It is indeed like the keep, in more way than one,” she thought about raventhorpe, reminiscing, “More than just that, the camaraderie and family experience. I had been on my own and alone for a while, and I needed a good change from the lonlieness….”

Soon they would arrive at her quarters, her small keep line with bits of pine and the softest moss from the home grounds. She found a rock that her companion could perch on comfortably, and approached him, a head bow offering a tid bit to his face. He accepted then mounted upon her shoulder. His talons were sharp, yet not a blood piercing sharp. His grip wasn’t that of a killer.