Ocean's Breath Plateau And I sit back, and I ride my own melt
Moontide
Healer
123 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
Just so you guys have something to reference for how Marina is raising the kiddos <3
As her children grew — three months now! — so too did Marina's worries. They were still young and seemed so much like they might stay this way forever, small and unknowing and so wholly trusting. And yet with each day they seemed less to her like children than small and woefully undereducated adults; she felt she understood, then, the occasional frustrations they faced as they grew. She tried to be patient.

But it scared her.

How could it not?

Marina understood intimately how ignorance could ruin someone, how it could tear into the fabric of who they thought they were and leave them something unrecognizable. They knew only what she told them. And she knew so little of the world, so little except for how very ugly it could be. She wanted more for @Carlisle and @Brockleigh. But wasn't that the struggle of any mother, any parent? To want to give more, be more, to feel keenly the weight of every flaw that keeps them so far from being perfect.

She knew that she would never be perfect. So instead Marina told herself that she would be honest. She would keep nothing from them, and explain everything, and maybe one day — maybe they would be ready to face the world in the ways she hadn't been.