Moonsong Glacier The spruces rough in the distant glitter
let the song of ice and fire begin...
92 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
All Welcome 
Perhaps someone she has not met?

With more furs washed and softened than she needed, she carried a few like a saddle upon her back, and trudged toward the command place of the village. 

Perhaps someone might be there that would welcome these gifts.
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
she'd overheard talk amongst the rabble of routine conversation that a woman who knew of pelts and the preservation of them lived upon the glacier.

she'd not sought the woman out yet, but her interest in the craftsmanship of the furs was peaked as tall as the glacier itself. she would desire such hides when the time came to deliver her children.

it was by a stroke of luck that the assumed skin-weaver came waltzing near, draped in the finery of her handiwork like a street merchant.

the viper slithered near, gaze flickering between pelt and maker. "you are the peltsmith?" she questioned with a structured tone to her voice.
morning star
92 Posts
Ooc — roni
Away
she is skippable!

The common place had become a particular haunt of the raven woman for two reasons. Not wanting to build her iglu in the caves for the homesickness they brought, she had taken to scouting a suitable sleeping place in the sparse trees nearby the ice river; the sound of water different but familiar enough to the sea that it comforted her at night. 

The second reason was a little more shameful. Keen to speak to other but not quire sure how to go about it, today Ulloriaq set herself the mindless task of pruning the nearby caches as she waited for someone to pass by.

It just so happened that a woman drew near, her back laden with furs. Eira, was that her name? Shaking her pelt of any lingering anxiety, she set her task to one side and was about to approach and help her carry the load when another beat her to it.

Crestfallen, Ulloriaq busied herself with picking at the furs of a spoiled badger, eyes glued to the two women as the conversation rose without her.
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
92 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A new voice!

Turning, she looked upon them, tipping her muzzle forward. I am this, yes.

Lowering to the earth, she allowed the soft fabric to settle at her feet, then lifted again. I have many to give that I do not need myself. Take one, or many, if it is your wish!
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
ears splayed at the chipperness of the woman's voice, the pleasant tones and smiling faces still abnormal to the hardened viper.

she watched as the peltsmith lowered her goods, presenting them with a friendliness and the urge to simply give them away.

odd. so very odd. a tilt of porcelain gave way to confusion as she looked over the displayed furs. they were of solid quality, and she could not understand why the woman would simply hand them off in return for nothing.

"it is my wish to learn," she announced as she glanced back to the pale artisan. "you teach me this, and i will repay you." what the payment would be was currently unknown, but she would ensure it would be of equal value to the skill taught.
92 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
In slow motion, her head canted to the side. 

You wish to learn this? A question of surprise, more than confirmation.

Another pupil? Now she would have two! One of tongue, and one of peltcraft. 

Even now, she held reservations about her talent as a teacher. But with more opportunities, perhaps it would come naturally to her. 

Yes.. I could teach you.
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
the woman agreed, and nephele returned her answer with a brisk nod. she thought the woman's trade a useful one, if not valuable.

come spring, she would seek to line her den with only the finest of furs, but she was not ignorant enough to believe she could do this without practice first.

"what do you seek as payment?" she would obtain whatever the woman wanted, so long as it was not a ridiculous request.
92 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She asked of payment, but the snow woman did not deem it necessary. 

With a shake of her head, she smiled soft. There is nothing I require in payment. Trades such as these will become a value you to in the future. The knowledge of that alone is enough for me to be satisfied that my teachings will be put to good use.
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
the woman said exactly what the viper thought she would, and nephele's ears splayed in disagreement. she would not become indebted to anyone. "i will seek out a suitable payment, and then you will teach me."

before the woman had any chance to retaliate, nephele pulled away and set off for the seals she had saw before when speaking to dutch. they would make for an acceptable payment, and she would return to the woman once she had succeeded in snagging one.