Blacktail Deer Plateau A love for babies
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Blue Willow There you go! :3

After the albino female had ventured into the Ravensblood forest and investigated the sequoia trees she was on her way back to Duskfire Glacier. Scarlett knew she had to walk past the borders of Blacktail Deer Plateau, into the Northstar Vale, to continue going past Swiftcurrent and then on to to Glacier. She was in for quite some traveling. But it didn't matter to the female. Even though she didn't like to be alone she had no qualms of traveling and exploring. Although she did worry a bit about Néa at times. But the young girl was smart and Scarlett taught her the basics of hunting. If Néa was hungry it was only good to go after that hunger instinct and try and hunt for herself. Scarlett couldn't keep hunting for her forever. Néa was getting bigger and bigger, which also meant she had to eat more.

Scarlett realized that she was close to the pack's borders. The pale female was no real thread nor vicious or violent. She politely stayed out of the pack's border, walking past it with all the respect for the wolves that lived here. She didn't want to offend anyone. She knew Koda lived here, but also that arrogant silver wolf she met. Scarlett would dislike running into him. She moved into a trot, keeping an even pace to not tire herself out. As she trotted past the border she smelled a strong scent. Oh another wolf was close by. She rather not upset that one wolf. Injury was the last thing the female wanted. Although soon her blood red eyes spotted the wolf in question, she was rather.. difficult to avoid. The female stopped in her tracks. Her eyes fell on the bulging belly of the female. Instantly her want for her own litter surfaced.

Oh my! the red eyed female smiled. She knew that pregnant female's could be hormonal so she kept her distance out of respect. Especially since she didn't want a protective mate pinning her down. How badly she wanted to approach the soon-to-be mom. I know I am just a stranger but I just really wanted to congratulate you with your babies! I can't wait to be a mom of my own, her tone was utterly calm and friendly. Even her tail let out a quick wag in excitement

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue herself had been quiet an explorer in her day. Long before she had settled at the plateau. Granted her parents had been traveling story tellers and healers, so it was only normal for her to be that way. Her wander lust had dissipated in the last year though. Oh she still loved to go on jaunts, buts he always returned home to those who loved her. She briefly wondered if any of her children would have such a wander lust? For even Lasher did not often stay still.

Blue was jaunting along the borders today. Far too restless to sit still. She could barely take it anymore. She wanted these babies out, they were pushing on her sides. And the sides that pushed up one side and down the other were enough to drive her mad. She took a deep breath as she lumbered along, her green eyes taking in the day. She did not wish to rush them, yes she was uncomfortable and yes she wanted them out, but she also with the same thought wished them to stay until they were ready. She did not want them to be unhealthy.

Her ears heard the footfalls before the scent of another assailed. Protectiveness rose up in her breast and a low growl rumbled from deep within. She usually wasn't so territorial, but the closer her time came the worse it got. However, the girls words came to her and she tried to quiet her growl. Sorry I find I'm a little more territorial than normal. SHe offered her a smile as she turned further to face her better. Hello and Thank you. You can come closer I'm Blue Willow. She grew quiet and though she kept her body tightly wound she did offer the other a chance to come a little closer, but not so close that she was invading her space. Blue really did fear she might snap at her if she did.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett immediately stepped more back when the female growled. Maybe Koda was the only nice wolf of this pack. Maybe they were all like that silver male she had he displeasure of meeting. She didn't want to be a bother for the pregnant lady. It seemed that the pups in her belly were already pestering her enough for now. Still even with that thought the white female loved her own batch of little ones. Oh yes, definitely. Not to worry. I completely understand. Although to my defense I did stay off your territory, the female tried to joke to lighten the mood. As she got the permission to get closer, the female did. Her tail went from excited wag to a friendly wave. Calmness settling into her body.

Thank you. I'm Scarlett, the small framed female introduced. Her red eyes glanced over the darker wolf with a fond, yet dreamy, look. She wasn't jealous, but she was craving her own for so long that the sight of an actual pregnant wolf made her realize how much more she wanted it. Even now she had Néa as her adoptive daughter it wasn't the same as actually carrying them. You are a lucky female. I know that it might not be as pleasurable now, but once they are born you will have these cute little balls of fluff that love you no matter what. She encouraged. Maybe the female didn't appreciate what the albino assumed but Scarlett thought it would be a nice thing to say.

One day she would have her own. Hopefully with the handsome male she kept meeting. There might be a possibility on that. Still, they were not mated. The scandal it would be if she got pregnant without a mate. Scarlett didn't even want to think about it. Are you feeling well?, the lighter female wondered. Maybe it is not my place to ask. But I would like to know for research. I mean, if I would have my own one day I will be somewhat prepared for what will happen, she added with a chuckle.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was normally nice, but given the circumstances, she felt she had every right to be territorial. She carried a brood in her belly, and she could no more ignore her instincts than she could breathe. Blue chuckled and nodded That you did. Blue didn't move as the other approached, and she offered her a genuine smile.

well I'm Blue willow as I said but you can call me Blue or Willow if it's easier. Blue listened her ears splayed forward and back and her eyes trained on the female though not in an intrusive way. yes I am lucky very. Yes I hope that is true. SHe hoped it was true, but she had seen what had happened with Perry and his children, that love had grown to hate and it made her sad.

Blue chuckled It was hard at first I was sick all the time, then a few weeks in I felt great. I was no longer tired or sick. But now I am in slight discomfort as my body readies for their delivery.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett didn't felt offended in any way. The female could understand that the darker female was more on edge. She was protective of her offspring. Scarlett would probably act the same way towards a stranger. That was all she was to Blue, a stranger. Oh nice to meet you, I think I will go with Blue then. The ghostly white female's tail still wagged in a friendly matter. Her red eyes fell into her green ones. They were really pretty. She always wished she had green eyes instead of her blood red ones. But that would never happen. Maybe if she mated with the right wolf one of her pups would have a set of beautiful green eyes. What a master plan.

Scarlett smiled at the pregnant lady. How many do you think you are carrying? Sorry for my forwardness! I am just so curious. Tell me when you want me to leave and I will go. But this topic is something I rarely get to talk about, she explained. Scarlett hadn't made real friends yet. Néa was too young to talk about kids, as for Meara too. Sen was not the conversationalist to be honest and Malachi, her alpha, definitely not the one to blabber about babies. Then there was Raziel, and Crëyr. Possibly she could talk to Crëyr about it. Or maybe Kove but he was a male. That might be strange for him.

Scarlett's ears popped up at the sound of a chuckle. Oh I can imagine. A body needs to adjust to such things, especially before and later on. I thought you might be close to your delivery date which is why I congratulated you at first. You and your mate must be really eager for their arrival. Scarlett also wanted to ask how it was to have a mate, but that might be a bit too intrusive. She kept it with her the baby talk for now. The female was glad that Blue wanted to share things about pregnancy with her.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled and nodded. Blue was a bit protective of her borders anyway, but this was the first time she was harsh about it. She hadn't meant to sound so nasty, but frankly she was on edge with her babies coming in mere days.

Blue shook her head I'm not sure 2 maybe 3, maybe even less than that. If it's less than that though, he or she is very active. Blue didn't say anything she merely listened at first. You are fine Scarlett really. Blue didn't mind sharing about her impending birth. It wouldn't be long now and it was nice to get to talk about it.

I am due in just a few days. Lasher and I are very happy thank you. She did not offer the information that they weren't officially mates. As that was no one's business but her own and his own. It was the truth though, and it wasn't because there wasn't some sort of love there. IT was because both were deeply in love with another and Lasher was not as traditional as most. Though Blue was finding she wasn't exactly either, so it worked out beautifully and she cared for him very much.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett's brows raised when the female elaborated on the counter pups she was carrying. The albino was a small framed wolf. She wondered how swollen she would be if she had only 2 to 3. That would be quite the sight. She would probably waddle as much as this female. A gentle smile popped on her face. I hope there are at least 2. I am taking care of one the youngsters of our pack, orphaned, and it is sad to see how they have no one of their own age to play with. Well she does have another pup but she is far more independent than my little Néa.

The white girl bobbed her head into a respectful nod. Glad that her questions weren't bothering the hormonal mother. Her tail began to wag faster. How exciting!! Are you nervous? What I could tell from my mother she had quite some pains. Scarlett had been often reminded of what pain her mother went through to birth her, and how much of a pain in the ass she was when she did something wrong. Scarlett didn't had the most loving mother. Oh well. Scarlett would better her life, she would be an amazing mom. Sweet and warm. Her pups would be raised with love an care.

Oh do give my genuine wishes to him too. Ah this makes my day. Scarlett was often lost in her fairytale world. She loved the concept of finding a song handsome mate and he would love and protect her. She would give him the most cutest little pups ever who would later be strong young princes and princesses. A dreamy sigh left her lips.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A sad feeling stole over Blue as she heard the others words, and she remembered Amelie. Her adopted daughter, and one whom she had wronged without meaning too. She stood looking for a moment and then spoke the sadness thick within her chest. Adopted does not matter, you love them anyway. Please I must tell you though do not give the teenagers the space you think they want, it only makes them leave. Then she grew quiet again. She hoped Amelie was doing well, that she was happy now.

Blue smiled again. I am nervous yes, but very excited. There is some pain yes, it will be worse when they are born. But I already know this so hopefully it won't be a surprise and it won't be so bad. Blue had never actually seen the birthings, her mother always keeping her away, but she remembered the sounds and the whines, but she also remembered the happiness the mother radiated after.

Blue chuckled Well i'm certainly glad I can make your day. That is wonderful. And she was, she wished there were others like this she wolf. Who took pleasure in the simple things. A simple conversation, a simple walk. Because life was made of small simple things, so why not glorify in them.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

The white lady was glad that the female shared her view on adopted children. It made her feel more ready if she would be a mother of her own. Blue gave her some extra advise with made her think of what happened. Almost like there was an underlying message. Good tip. I will remember that. Néa will probably start acting like a teenage soon. At least I know on of the other youngster is. This is actually great advise, thank you. Scarlett immediately thought of Meara and how she acted like she wanted space. Maybe the teenager didn't want space. Scarlett should act now and show her that she was there for the younger girl.

I would be nervous too. Oh you know? You had a litter before?, the female spoke with interest. Scarlett could remember from her own mother how vile she became when she was pregnant. The pale female shivered. She always was the one that felt the most of her mother's rage. Scarlett just thought away the pain. Nope. There would be no pain. How wrong she was.

Scarlett's ears popped up when she heard the other one laugh. You really did. Puppies always makes me happy, even talking about them. She wished she could babysit Blue's babies. But that would never happen. She was in another pack. Yet, Scarlett did feel like she made a new friend today, or an acquaintance at least.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled though it didn't quite reach her eyes. Thinking of Amelie was painful, it cut her to her quick. She had started out hoping to do right by her, and had ended up hurting her all the same. Granted there were many circumstances out of her control and she had also been learning and tried to give her space. Well it had blown up in her face.

Blue chuckled and shook her head No I was a traveling healer. As were my parents so I was around it but this is my first litter. There would be pain lots of pain at first, but it would go away and when she saw those beautiful faces. Well, then she wouldn't feel it.

Blue smiled Well when they are much older and able to have some time away from the pack lands. Perhaps you can visit again in neutral territory near here. We can make it a learning experience and field trip. If it's okay with Lasher of course. She would never do anything with their children without asking him first, but she didn't see the harm in exposing them to others once old enough.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett didn't notice that her smile didn't reach Blue's eyes. She didn't know the female well enough for that in the first place. Scarlett was interested in the fact that the female told her about being a healer. Awe struck on her face. She admired healers, she had her fair knowledge about plants, wildlife and weather patterns but she didn't know that much details about what cured what. I never heard about traveling healers. That sounds amazing!, she complimented. Scarlett then nodded in understanding. The female was carrying for the first time. Well, like I said before. I wish you all the luck.

The small white practically lit up at that offer. She would have nothing rather. That is an amazing offer. Thank you, Blue. I would love that. Oh yes definitely. I hope to have my Naturalist trade by then so hopefully I can also tell them a bit about the world around them, if meeting another wolf isn't overwhelming enough already, she chuckled. Of course. Check with your mate. Very important. I wouldn't mind coming back to meet your guy, you know for approval or something.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue didn't expect anyone, but those she was close too know about the smile in her eyes. She didn't really want anyone to know in actuality. Did not want to air her shortcomings and flaws for the world to see. Especially when she had babies on the way. What if she failed with them, and they started to hate her as she suspected Amelie might. What would she do then? Blue chuckled We were healers and story tellers, it was both a fortunate and unfortunate life. Fortunate at the knowledge and wolves we met, unfortunate that it was our livelihood and some days if no one wanted healing or stories, we were left without warm places to sleep and food.

Blue smiled You are very welcome. Blue nodded I don't hold the naturalist trade so that would be ideal. I hold healer, caretaker and chronicler. She frowned thoughtfully, there was that talk of mates again. She wondered if she should tell her the truth, as her and Lasher were lovers yes, friends yes. She supposed one could argue that they loved each other in their own way, cared for each other. She would ask him and then if she saw Scarlett again speak with her. I will talk to Lasher. You can come back in a month or two perhaps even if you can't see the babies yet, you and I can certainly catch up? What pack are you from?
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Sorry, I'm sick but I wanted to reply <3 Sorry if it doesn't make sense at all xD

Scarlett was fascinated by Blue's background. They had never gotten traveling healers on their grounds. Maybe because her old family pack was very territorial. Scarlett was glad she had left. Her life was so much better here than anywhere else. When Blue explained it showed that it hadn't been a fancy life at all. I didn't think about that. My old pack wouldn't have accepted travelers on their grounds. I understand how it can be wonderful and yet a difficult lifestyle. The pale female slowly got to her fours and shook out her fur. Clouds were starting to gather and she possibly needed to get home. Her pack was waiting, or at least the youngsters.

Impressive set you have. Well its settled then. I would love to come over again. Please do talk to him. In one month cycle. Of course. I can remember that. Oh yes. Even if I don't see the pups I would love to catch up and share stories once more. Scarlett pointed her muzzle to the North East. All the way from Duskfire Glacier, she admitted and then smiled. To which, I probably should return. I don't want to miss out on too much. It was lovely to talk to you Blue. I hope you have a swift and painless labor.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thanks for the thread love :D

Blue nodded in agreement. It was a beautiful and an ugly lifestyle, but regardless I would not change it. She dipped her muzzle and simply waited for anymore conversation that would come about. There had been territorial wolves, there had been free spirits and wild ones. There had been evil ones and good ones. She had seen all kinds, and it had helped to shape her into the wolf she now was.

Blue smiled In one month then. Fair travels Scarlett. Then blue watched as the female left to head to home. It was nice to make new friends, and one the whole way from the glacier? Though she wasn't sure where that was, she would have to ask next time they saw one another.