Redhawk Caldera who are you talking to
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
I like Amon. I want to squeeze his grumpy old cheeks, haha. :)

Elwood halted as soon as Amon did, turning to face the older male as he retired into a sitting position. There was a tension in Amon's voice that caused him to press his ears forward; apparently, this was a far more urgent situation than he had imagined. This was certainly distressing to hear, and he was slowly beginning to understand Amon's concern.

At the same time, however, he couldn't help but think that it could be detrimental to the pack to live in a permanent state of unrest. If they were all constantly on the lookout for an attack that may never come -- well, there were many things that could happen. Weary pack members, dwindling caches...while their borders would likely be under constant supervision, the worry itself could cause wear and tear on the wolves. Elwood thought back to a conversation with Peregrine in which the Alpha had mused on the idea of stationing guards along the border for entire days. He had quickly dismissed the thought, as it could lead to the very possibilities Elwood had just pondered on.

Having come from a home that was, frankly, quite boring (especially when compared to the Firebrand Guard), Elwood did have a different view on the world than Amon. He understood what the elder was saying, but didn't have much else to add. Amon was set in his ways, and for good reason. He had grown out of an idealist perspective long ago, while Elwood still clung to the threads of good in the world. The silver yearling hummed thoughtfully, then said, "I'm training to earn my warden and warrior trades. I guess the best thing we can do is be prepared, even if the Guard is...invincible." He realized that Amon was right: Redhawk Caldera was a young and immature pack, but at the very least they could ready themselves for what the former guard thought could be inevitable.
Messages In This Thread
who are you talking to - by Amon - December 10, 2014, 05:24 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Elwood - December 16, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Amon - December 29, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Elwood - December 29, 2014, 11:10 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Amon - December 30, 2014, 02:46 AM
RE: who are you talking to - by Elwood - December 30, 2014, 11:28 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Amon - January 02, 2015, 04:55 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Elwood - January 04, 2015, 03:49 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Amon - January 04, 2015, 07:12 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Elwood - January 04, 2015, 11:23 PM
RE: who are you talking to - by Amon - January 05, 2015, 12:57 AM