Blacktail Deer Plateau the storm is coming in
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Open for anyone; set near the borders. This thread primarily takes place following this thread. I'm being vague on injury details for the most part as at the time of posting linked thread has not been completed -- we can possibly assume he has a fair quantity to his forelegs and chest/scruff. :X

The adrenaline had worn away by the time the Plateau had come stumbling into sight. It was perhaps at that point where Mordecai became attuned to the jagged rasp of his own breath and more importantly, just how breathless he felt. A certain searing sort of pain had crept its way into being the focus on his attention; it had been a long time since he felt something other than an aching joint or a sore spot from a bad call. This had been more than just a bad call on his part and for a change, his curiosity had netted him a painful ordeal.

He found himself pausing at the gentle incline of the plateau, soundly panting and finding that he had lost track of time greatly. Dusk had bled into the afternoon, splitting the sky with oncoming evening. It had taken him much longer than he had ever intended to come back across the expanse of the flatlands. He found in combination with the loss of adrenaline and the resurgence of pain that he was to put simply, exhausted. And still bleeding, if he had to take a guess, but somewhere along the way it was hard to tell what blood was his and admittedly, what blood had belonged to his attacker.

Not more than a few steps into his slow climb, he found he gave up with the steepness. Mordecai sank towards the earth in a defeated, shaky shamble. For every inclination that he had to call for someone to greet him, he found he didn't want to muster the energy. The last time he had called out for those wolves, his call had been ignored by all save Saena. If nothing else, he felt the smell of blood would draw them out. And if none came, then none came; the Ostrega was stubborn enough to believe all he needed was rest.
brand new, "degausser".
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It wasn't often, that Blue ventured near the borders. Lasher gave her frequent breaks. The babes were mostly free to roam now, with supervision of course. Occasionally, they would slip away from their babysitter, as pups do from time to time. Today, they were being closely watched, and she hoped they wouldn't slip away.

She wasn't sure why she had walked this far, only that she had. She would stop to sniff, and reacquaint herself with the borders. It had been so long, since she had walked among them. Today, though a different scent came to her nostrils. It was sharper, and tangier, and it made her stomach fall to bottom. She had no herbs here, to save whoever it was, that smelled like blood. She increased her speed, she could at least help them get back to her healing den.

She stopped short, when she saw the wolf lying there.  She looked him over, wounds to the chest and scruff. There were more, but she couldn't see them. She continued forward, she nudged him gently, and licked his face if he would allow her.

You are Mordecai correct? I am sorry I didn't greet you, when you first came. I had babes to worry about. What has happened? I am Blue Willow, healer of the plateau. She was also beta, but as always healing always came first to her.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
He drifted, mostly because the pull for rest was so strong. It wasn't from the severity of his injures — a thankless grace — but he found that he fought it all the same. Mordecai hated just how exposed he felt right there along the gradual incline of the plateau. He hated that it was taking him more time than he wanted to to muster the strength to just keep pushing on upward. He sighed, letting himself sink further into the dried, damp grasses of a year past.

And the next time a bit of clarity came back around, it was from the nudge of another. His eyes opened slowly, almost confused, as though the whole thing had been some bizarre dream brought on by a bad choice in bedtime meals. But as Blue Willow raked her tongue across his face, the acuteness of pain each time brought him clarity quickly. At first he recoiled from her ministrations, only to resign himself to the fact that it happened to be a necessary evil. He didn't know much about healing in general, but knew enough that his own wounds had to be kept clean to heal. And they were in dire need of that, long clotted by the time it had taken for him to return to the plateau.

She spoke gently, almost motherly towards him. He could smell Lasher upon her, but more distinctly he smelled those puppies that had warmed his heart when he had needed it. And perhaps most importantly of all, she wanted to know what had happened to him. "I met the business end of someone who doesn't like travelers," he commented dourly. It wasn't what had happened, but he didn't move to clarify it either. Not right in that moment, anyway. "How's the kids?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue noticed him fighting to stay alert, and it worried her. She wasn't sure if it was, because he was bleeding profusely, or exhaustion or even shock. If it was shock, it could be bad and he could die, before she even got him moved. She licked his face again, trying to force him to wake himself up. 

She grimaced at the salty and bitter taste of congealed blood. But it was a necessary thing, she continued. It was with trepidation, that she pulled on them. She did not wish to make him bleed again, but she needed to clean it. As it came away, fresh red blood spilled out, which was good. There was no pus, so there was no infection.

Blue chuckled at his sour tone, They are fine. I believe Eilidh was quite taken with you. She spoke of you. Come can you walk? Do you think? To my healers den? Or do I need to call Pura or Lasher to help me, lean you?
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
A thin smile spread evenly across his muzzle for a moment when Blue Willow mentioned Eilidh. She had seemed quite taken with him, though the feeling was mutual. She was precious. Yet he found that he tucked this away for better times; a request was being made of him. Mordecai stayed quiet for a moment, debating whether or not he could handle the climb, but also realized he didn't want the aid of someone else. He didn't want to rein anyone else in on his business as it were — those that would know from this were all he felt needed to know.

"I can walk, I'm just wore out," he said, not quite pushing himself from his reclined position along the muddy slope. "Adrenaline only carries you so far, apparently." And with that, he slowly pushed himself into standing, grimacing openly at the pain that came with righting his body in alignment with his head. "How far away is your den? I think we'll make it there if we take it slow." We was not the greatest substitute for I, but he hardly paid attention to the diction spoken.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue knew, there was often a matter of pride in men. A matter that could easily sway their decisions, one of them was that they did not wish to be seen as weak or unable to do something.  She knew that it was stereotypical for her to think all men, she should have amended her statement, but she didn't. She gave him a small smile, happy that others got enjoyment from her children, as she did.

Blue chuckled, Yes and unfortunately, you also crash once your adrenaline wheres off. It's strange really, but it is also an amazing thing of survival. I'm sorry you had to go through this. She frowned, a little upset that someone would attack him for being near a border, if he didn't pass into it. She didn't understand, why they couldn't have just chased him away. Though despite that she didn't want to think about it, the fact was. The territory was getting savage, it was rather scary. They had cannibals roaming about, she had heard of others eating each other, in times of lean food, but not just because. It made her shudder.

Blue frowned, ]b]further towards the center, yet not quiet completely in it. I keep in away from the borders, do not wish to have it raided. I have far to many medicinal herbs for that to happen. If you happen to need to lean on me, that is fine as well. So tell me Mordecai, if you can a little bit of yourself? I am sorry I haven't met you before you got hurt. IT isn't the greatest time for a first meeting and small talk, but I am happy to meet you regardless.[/b]
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
She spoke of where her den was and he tried to conjure up if he had been by it before. It was hard to say; while Mordecai had explored far parts of the Plateau, there were always places he left undiscovered on purpose. Just like the Spine, where he had never quite investigated all of its nooks and crannies. In a way, he may have unconsciously decided that some places were better left having their secrets, much in the same way that many wolves were entitled them as well.

He rose then, not wanting to waste any more time lingering along those borders. It wasn't out of fear that his assailants would come back for another strike, but rather to retreat within the pack's borders to avoid others. He did not seek to make a big deal out of it and wouldn't; those would who need to know, would know. Bringing his gaze to the healer with a wincing response to the motion, Mordecai let his actions express that he was ready.

"You've had your hands full from what I've heard," he said, referring to her apologizing for not having met him earlier. He saw it as nothing to be sorry for; if anything, her priorities were in the right place. Tending to her children was far more important than acquainting herself with the likes of every soul that came through, anyway. "And it might be easier for me to answer questions than just tell you about myself so, what would you like to know?" A thin smile graced his features then as he await her to take the lead.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not know if many of the new members, even knew where her old den was. It was abandoned largely now, except for those who were hurt, and her medicines and herbs. When she had started her family, she had found another. Well Lasher had found another, and it was beautiful. 

Blue could understand the wariness of being around pack mates, when wounded. Especially, when you were a male. They just had some strange pride, some of them. She remembered how Perry had felt, when he had broken his leg. She could remember that well. 

Blue chuckled and nodded her head, You could say that yes. The three babies are very busy. Well then, where do you hail from Mordecai? Do you like it here? Do you have family? She looked him over as they walked, taking stock of what she might need.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I like how I mentioned that I'm going to be scarce and needed a break anyway... and HERE I POST ANYWAY. Oh well. I'm killing free time at the moment. >__>

They headed off, though Mordecai found he trailed behind. This wasn't a problem really, because he knew that Blue would stay close. And her questions were helpful in themselves, a distraction from the pain that he felt coursing cleanly through his wounds. He didn't know what the true extent of them were, but he knew he had been lucky. Mordecai was many things and while he did not consider himself much of a fighter, he was capable enough to hold his own ground. Things would have been much worse if that secondary bystander had become a participant any more than they had.

"I came from the south," he said, coming to a pause thoughtfully. "The desert, really. I like it here better than I did there; at least there's more of change in the seasons." While he may have had passing moments where he missed the bulk of his family, Mordecai really did not miss the territory that Sedona encompassed. Nor did he like the isolation and seclusion, but that was another matter altogether entirely. He felt her eyes roaming over him and met her gaze for a moment curiously before turning it back to the path ahead of them. "I've got family around here, mostly transplants like myself. They've settled and I haven't, so to speak." And that he felt vague purposely, recalling Charon and his bitterness cleanly.

"Have you always lived here?" It was easier to change the subject then, because he was always interested in the stories of others. Blue Willow didn't seem the type to simply brush off the return of the question she had asked, so he considered it a safe area to explore. If anything, not many of the wolves he had encountered could have claimed to have been natives to the region. They all had come from somewhere and converged across quite an expanse.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I swear i've answered this twice...my post keeps not getting posted...hmmm maybe i'm doing it wrong or something being in a hurry or something. I am very sorry.

Blue tried to keep her stride even with his. However, he did trail behind ever so often. She would accommodate again. She didn't mind, she actually enjoyed the small talk, and the walk. It was nice to be useful to others, than her children. Not that she minded being useful to them. Blue was just a giver, really. Happiest when she was helping her family,which included the pack. Blue had given his wounds a cursory glance, they didn't seem to deep. No, she was more worried of infection than anything, which is why in a way, she supposed she was walking a bit fast.

Blue shook her head, she remembered the desert. They had passed through there once, terrible heat, and dry, so very dry. I do not like the desert. I have been through it. My parents were traveling healers and story tellers, it was how we survived. It is far too dry in the desert for my taste. Blue listened, and filed away the information as it was given. My family is all over, most of them travelers like myself. I heard tell that my nephew was running around somewhere. Fleetscut. My father was here for a bit, but he passed on. Other than that, no one besides my children and Lasher, and those that I have made my family.

.Blue chuckled and shook her head. No as I said we traveled. However, since I came here and settled I have lived here. Almost a year I believe. I'm not certain. I came when Hawkeye was still Leader, and her and Perry's romance was new. I love it here, and I hope to die here. Blue would never brush off a question of her past. It had been an interesting one, for certain.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
You're fine love! I've been busy and kind of out of it lately so I don't mind the delay at all. :)

The desert was dry — that Mordecai could agree with. He had never minded the desert, but then again for the longest time that sort of place was about the only thing he knew. And Sedona wasn't an overly harsh desert, though once upon a time it most certainly had been. His maternal grandparents could attest to that, though by the time Mordecai had been brought into the world things were a much different place altogether. A better place, they had said.

So when Blue Willow spoke of the history that filled in some gaps of the Plateau pack for him, he couldn't help but wonder what all had become of the wolves she spoke of. Yet he didn't ask these questions, didn't quite see the point. What was done was done, and nothing could change that. Even now, had he wanted to, Mordecai doubted that he could have ever found his own way back to Sedona, back to his own origin points.

"So you must have seen quite a lot out of there in your travels too," he said, humored at the thought that even she had been a traveller at one point herself. Perhaps not as long as he had, or perhaps even longer. Who was really to say how much time had passed for them all? "Did you come here along the coast too? I followed it up and interestingly enough, back down when I returned."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not like the desert. She did not like the heat or the wind, or the sand. No she liked cool grass, and shade and water where she could find it. She supposed that could be considered a bit cushy, but it was what she liked. Who was she to deny some of the simplier pleasures she liked.

Blue sighed softly when she thought of those gone from them. Hawkeye who was gone, and honestly blue had no idea if she was alive or dead. Perry who left to start his own pack with his girl child mate, at the time. Blue shook her head, rather upset at her still harsh thoughts. Some days she thought she was handling Fox well and then others she just could not take it.

Blue chuckled softly and nodded her head I did indeed some things that were simply beautiful and other things that weren't. I also learned a lot more than had i stayed stationary for the first 12 seasons of my life. Blue shook her head, No i came down the mountain and just continued on until i found a place that had enough herbs to placate my hobby and trade.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
He smiled to himself as she spoke, thinking of all the stories she could have easily passed down to her children.  Stories that he was willing to believe that she already had begun.  If not her, then he suspected Osprey would begin to fill their heads with a fantastic fantasy at the first chance she had.  "Must be nice to find that one place that suits what you're after," he commented, simply to keep the conversation going.  He could not have entirely related to this, if only for the fact that being with a pack seriously upped survival odds through rough seasons. The networking was just a bonus in hindsight, as he wondered if Dante would have taken him in so late in the wintry season had they never met before.

"The plateau certainly has its charms, I will say that about it.  I can see why many call it home."  And for now, it was proving to be a good home for him too.  If anything, provided that Blue Willow could patch him up, Mordecai could not help but feel that he would just be a little more indebted to the wolves there.  He knew he wouldn't always be there but when it came to moving on... he simply went when it was time to go and that notion of a debt had been so clearly paid.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was an avid story teller, she loved to do it. Though, lately she had been allowing the limelight for that ot fall on her friend, and her children's fairy godmother. Blue nodded her head, and hummed softly in agreement. It does indeed, I wasn't looking, but I found everything I wanted and more. There has been sadness here, and anger, and hurt feelings, but it's been an amazing journey to get there.

Blue chuckled, Yes many do, but we lose just as many. So I suppose, it depends on what you want and how you want to go about getting it. There are a few that stay, I have stayed, regardless of those whom i loved leaving. And I will probably stay until I die. Blue Willow had no doubt that she would be able to  patch him up.

They approached her healing den and smiling she stopped, Here we are. Tell me where it all hurts and if I am missing any wounds. That way I know how to go about healing you. It is just pain on the surface where the open wounds are?
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
They came upon her healing den much quicker than he thought they would have, but to say that his sense of time was misconstrued was accurate. Mordecai would not have been surprised if he hadn't gone and thrown that on the back burner purposefully, distracting himself from the steady ache that came rattling through most everything else. He reclined towards the earth, finding exhaustion creeping up; better to put himself on the ground before he ended up there anyway. Not that it was really that bad, at least not that he hoped. He couldn't see half of what had been done towards him.

And so to answer her question: "Well if you want the honest answer, I hurt all over," he said at first lacking tact or humor. "But mostly the neck and legs from what I can tell. Might have gotten me along the scruff too," and beyond that, he didn't know. It seemed easily to leave out the part that they were trying to put him down permanently but he didn't think that Blue Willow would miss where the majority of his wounds lied. It would have been redundant to tell her. He drew his tired gaze to her then, as though it were merely to suggest that she would simply do what she had to do.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Though Blue's den was situated nearer to the middle of the territory. They had made good time getting there, even as injured as Mordecai was. It could have been she had silently been hurrying, fearful that he would fall over in exhaustion before they got there. He had gotten this far, she was willing to bet on pure will, and determination. He was a hardy male, and he was doing well thus far. She watched as he laid down and she studied him, wondering if he was much worse than he said. She tilted her head, to listen to his next words.

Blue knew exactly what they were doing, and she was irritated. Especially, if he hadn't been across the border, just near it. That was not the way you wanted to run a pack, was to kill all those who were even near it. She had half a mind to walk over to see them, and tell them what they could do with theirselves. A thought that surprised her, for Blue was not a violent, or confrontational wolf. however, she had found that a mother's love made you do some interesting things. And the thought of someone doing something like this to her babies, just because they ventured to near, it made her sick.

Blue listened to his words dipping her muzzle down, she slid into her healing den. Looking to the walls and the niches there she dug around. Grasping Black Osha for the aches and pains. And she grabbed some Goldenrod for the open wounds. Stepping back out from the den she laid the plants down, grasping the goldenrod, it would need to be paste. This is Black Osha, it will make the aches and pain go away. This is goldenrod it will needed crushed and pressed into the wounds. It will stop the bleeding, and keep away infection.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Closing this up too, because it's kind of old. >__> AND I SUCK WITH TIME LATELY TOO. <3

Though things were certainly hazy, Mordecai had enough determination to stay focused and awake. Whether he was simply stubborn and didn't want to give in to the desire of rest or it was simply a survival mechanism was another story altogether. But this may have perhaps been the hardest to maintain when she had disappeared from his senses, though that interlude where he laid in the open was brief. Before he knew it, she was back at his side and laying things out, speaking of what she was going to do.

And so he ate what was offered to him, allowed her to aid him with the skills that she had. He was surprised at the gentleness he found there and yet, also told himself that he should not have been surprised at all. Blue Willow was an accomplished healer, more than just simply skilled. So when all things were said and done, he opted to rest near the healing den itself — easy enough to be checked on, and certainly easy enough to be mended more if the case came to it.