Can I have multiple threads simultaneously?
16 Posts
Ooc — Dev
Hey everyone! I'm new, so pardon my confusion here. I read the FAQ, but I'm afraid I need a bit more clarification regarding participating in more than one thread at a time. I realize that many of you have multiple characters, so I was wondering if the answer of 'yes' was pertaining to participating in more than one thread, but each with different characters. I ask, because the answer in the FAQ goes on to say that your character can't be in multiple places at once, which makes sense.

I ask in regards to a potential situation that I've experienced with past RP groups and sites, where you may be stuck waiting on someone to reply, and therefore, your current roleplay is stuck and unfinished (and you may really want to continue with that string of events, so you don't want to close it/archive it yet, etc). Therefore, sometimes having a couple of threads going at once has been convenient in those situations, even if they involve the same character of yours. Totally okay if the answer is no, I just want to make sure I understand everything! :)

Also, side question regarding multiple characters...
Are there any stipulations about creating another character? Is there a specific amount of time that you must be a member of Wolf before adding a new character or possibly a number of threads/posts that you need to reach?
Apologies if it's written somewhere and I've missed it! I've been trying to read everything and figure it all out. Thanks!
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
You can have as many threads as you like with one character at a time!! That rule just states, in character-wise, those threads are understood to be happening at different times.  Usually threads have a progression to them, so some might be dated before/after others depending on what is happening!

but no, you don't need to finish one thread before starting another :)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Don't worry about asking!

To best answer your question, I'd say that you can have as many threads going at once as you can manage, as long as there is a logical order regarding said threads. I get the feeling that you know how to manage that logic, so it's fine to have multiple threads going on at once for one character.

In a similar note, you can have as many characters as you can manage... There are no minimum requirements to make new / additional characters, so basically you can have as many characters as you keep active. However you must keep in mind that you can only have one Lone Wolf character at any given time and you must have an active Wolf character in order to have a Wild Fauna character.

I hope this helps!

Also, welcome to WOLF! :D

EDIT: whoops... I ghost-posted you starr! Sorry :0
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]