Meadowlark Prairie A Drop In The Ocean
Loner
189 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Private 
Unspecified Back Date

Paeon had been under the advisement of the Moonwomen and in the company of other healers for nearly a full moon's rotation. She's learned many things and was able to put her skills to good use, but she was itchy. Itching to get back out into the world and see what she had learned in action. Of course there was no telling when or if Paeon would stumble upon someone injured, you couldn't guarantee the next random stranger you meet would need medical attention... I suppose you could, but that went against the description of a healer entirely.

Weeks ago she had set out from coast and began making her way inland. She had no clear destination or purpose in mind, but she knew that there was someone out there she could fall back on, @Cassidy. They had separated a while ago, but the idea of a new adventure with him at her side excited her. He'd referenced a cave somewhere in this general vicinity, but where exactly Paeon did not know.

The meadowlark's songs greeted her as she approached the meadow, giving their warning to the prey in the area. But Paeon did not mind, she did not have her sights set on food. Instead her eyes soaked in the beautiful view of the sea of grass before her. The wind creating large waves in the grasses. Unable to help herself, she dove in like a diver into water. The tall grass was plenty tall enough to obscure her small stature as she bounded around giggling.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
Sorry for the long wait. :> Got one final finished and one to go for today. Had to get my school work out of the way.

Like the wind, he crossed the plains once more, running till he reached a meadow in which he could rest, roll in the curtain of grass. He sure did love the freedom of being a lone wolf, the ability to go wherever you wished, not to be held back by marked borders. But, even with this enjoyment of wild freedoms, there were times he did see past the silver lining. A loner’s life wasn’t easy, especially when it came to feeding yourself. He hadn’t had a good meal in quite sometime, only feeding off small and medium sized prey, squirrels, rabbits, gophers, etc. 

As he approached the meadow, the tall grasses tangled and wrapped around his legs. He held his head high, looking over what he could of the grass. Just then, his nose caught a familiar scent, only for a brief moment. Could it be? Was it really her?! 

“Paeon?!” He called out, excitement in his voice.
Loner
189 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Paeon jumped this way and that through the waves of grasses. Stumbling over herself and rolling around on her back. An infectious laughter rose up from her and over the tops of the long blades of grass. Her laughter and the sound of rustling filled her ears, muffling out Cassidy's initial call. She was up wind unable to smell, see, or hear him.

Her enjoyment did not fade as she got up again and bounded around, repeating her swim through the meadow.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
There was no response, just laughter, but it was hers, he knew it. 

He began to laugh, this seemed just like a silly game, and he wanted to play. He looked around, his ears swiveling towards the sounds of happiness, of entertainment. His eyes, they swept over the field, and at last, he spotted an area where the grass was moving unnaturally. He bounded forward, towards the figure in the grass. He let out a quick howl, a whine, “Paeon! I’m back!”

If he could catch her, she could tell him all about the adventures she’d had after they’d separated. Oh how excited he was!
Loner
189 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Damn! I'm sorry. I could have sworn I sent this... but I found it sitting in my drafts today

A short-distance howl cut through the long blades of grass and Paeon stopped in her tracks, her ears up and swiveling. 'Paeon! I'm back!' 

She heard it this time and a smile so big her cheeks hurt came to her face. In her play she'd almost forgotten the entire reason she'd traveled down south, and what a pleasant reminder this was.

"Cass!" she yelled back sprinting off in the general direction of the call. There was so much rustling in the grass. Was it coming from her or him? If she'd simply stopped moving she could figure it out, but Paeon slow down?... a very unlikely thing to take place.

"Cass!?" she called out again loudly her eyes shut tight as she did. Then suddenly she was no longer sprinting through the long grasses. She'd collided with something less forgiving, knocking it over and tumbling with it a short distance, until they came to a stop and it lay atop her.

Her head was a bit dizzied but as she slowly opened her eyes she quickly discovered what it was she collided with. "Cass..."
68 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
Everything happened so fast! Paeon returned his call, and he eagerly looked around. It was like a shark, the grass being shifted and pushed aside as something came closer. Before he could blink, that thing collided with him and they went tumbling! Once their tumble stopped, he was atop Paeon, and had he no fur on his face, he would have been red as a cherry. 

He just stayed there, and as Paeon had started to become aware, she open her eyes. How beautiful they were, he couldn’t help but stare, breathing heavily. He swallowed, and in a changed, deeper voice, all he could say was: “Howdy Paeon.” 

He knew this was totally awkward, but…. He’d never been this close to a woman, besides his mother, but that was long ago.