Ouroboros Spine isumaaġun
Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Private 
After coming back from Neverwinter Forest, Ariadne quickly looked for @Tautukpik and tracked him down by following his scent trail through Moonglow. While she was uncertain of what she would say to him, @Kannoyak's recollection of what'd happened had heightened her sense of urgency, prompting her to address the situation immediately rather than delay any further.

She stopped and searched for him with a question in her voice, Tautukpik, where are you? She could scent him nearby, but she hadn't spotted him yet.
Moonglow
Tau

“Alarm bells in your eyes—”

Sleep Token, "Dark Signs."

49 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Nutuyikruk had been playing a game of hide-and-seek, and while Tautukpik could usually find her, now he struggled. She had found a place to keep away from everyone and while her scent wasn't far from the ulaq he felt the urge to seek her out; except, as he tried to engage in the game, he heard their aaka calling. He muttered something in their shared child-language — something about being right back loudly enough for the hiding girl to know the game wasn't over.

The boy hurried to greet his mother, happy to see her of course; pleased to have any attention at all from one of his parents. He dismissed the look upon her face as adult things, and crowded close to give her chin many kisses. Aaka!
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Tautukpik came quickly when called, enthusiastically greeting Ariadne with kisses on her chin. She felt her heart warm as she gazed down at him. Her face softened, and the sound of wings flapping reached her ears. 

”Be patient,” Moon Owl reminded her. ”He is just a boy, and he is hurting.”

”I will,” She responded silently. She bent down to cover her son's face with kisses, pulling him in a hug, and shutting her eyes after taking another deep breath. The closeness of him brought her comfort, and she hoped for the same for him. 

She released him after a brief moment and gazed at his face before inquiring, What are you doing, my child?
Moonglow
Tau

49 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There was a glimmer in aaka's eye, and Tautukpik thought he saw the shadows of two open wings go across her face; but it was only the shifting leaves of the trees above, and the tickle of wind upon her fur. No, he saw love there—that was all.

Playin' seeks. Nutu is hiding. Remembering the game he had only stepped away from, his attention drifted to their surroundings and he looked around a moment, as if Nutuyikruk's hiding place would be more obvious this far away from the trees where they'd been exploring and playing.

Tau looked to aaka again promptly - You want to play too?
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
They were playing hide and seek, and she was invited to play. She crouched down to his level, and with a nod, she answered, I would love to. 

But, first, there is something that I want to talk you with about, she took a deep breath to steady her nerves. I had a conversation with my friend Kannoyak, and he told me that something happened ... can you tell me about that? Her tone was not accusatory, as she wanted to hear what he said before she needed to escalate the situation.
Moonglow
Tau

49 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Aaka was going to play! His tail began to whirl. Before they could get to hunting for Nutuyikruk, she mentioned a name he had only recently learned and the wagging slowed. Oh, peeped the boy.

He wasn't bashful about it, or afraid to speak. In his mind he had protected his mother and his family.

I thought he was aapa, but he not-aapa. It seemed an easy explanation.
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
You're right. He's not apaa, she agreed. She paused for a moment, considering how to articulate what she wanted to say next, and then said, He is my friend, though, and he means a lot to me. If anything happened to him, it would make me very sad. She took a breath and frowned, feeling her emotions rise despite her best efforts. 

Can you tell me what you did when you went to his den?
Moonglow
Tau

49 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He wanted to play, but aaka kept on talking. If she was too loud then they'd never hear Nutu! They wouldn't find her, and she would win again. But he knew better than to ignore her questions.

He had your beaver. She had worked for forever on it! And he not-aapa. He was frowning at the memory now, and lifted his head with some pride as he explained, I told him to go away an' leave aaka alone.

The rest was a blur, because he had become so emotional.
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
It was as though Moon Owl could feel the tension in her rise. He flapped his wings and screeched, striving to redirect from the negative feelings she held towards the explanation and pride her son exhibited. "He is young! Give him grace!" the totem implored. "Be patient!"

Her face became devoid of emotion as she wrangled with her thoughts, and she opened her mouth to speak, only to shut it again and take a deep breath. 

That beaver fur was a gift for him—it belongs to him, she explained slowly, doing her best to not let her temper get the best of her. I worked very hard on that, and now it is ruined. I am very disappointed in your behavior. 

"Patience!" She was too far gone to heed Moon Owl's warning. 

You are not to treat any of your pack members the way that you treated him. He is allowed to see your anaa. That is not your decision to make. If I hear that you cause any more trouble like this—you will be in very big trouble. Do you understand? The look she gave him was direct and stern.
Moonglow
Tau

49 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The fur had been given to the man? Tautukpik felt his lip quiver. The threat that Ariadne posed was something he had never faced before - this condemnation for his behavior, and this corrective tone she used.

A time out, like aapa? He looked at his mother now with watery eyes and a frown. The conversation held with Nutuyikruk came rushing back to him then, and Tautukpik moved to kiss his mum's cheeks as if to beg, I can be nice! Please don't send me away.