Lion Head Mesa Per-aa
Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
All Welcome 
All welcome to anyone in Akashingo. Servants, rulers, priests, guards, whoever. Thread title translates to great house or palace.

Tadihor had decided this morning to explore outside her guest chamber. She finished her morning grooming session, got herself prim and proper before she exited the chamber. She slowly walked down the hall, not expecting to stray too far from her chamber, but she was mesmerized by the natural construction and architecture that her natural curiosity got the best of her. 

Like the noble lines she carried, she strode down the hall in a proper fashion. The chambers and hallways seemed quiet, perhaps everyone was busy, perhaps the servants serving their masters.

She called out a greeting in a her tongue, “Ahlan?(Hello?)She wondered, where in this grand red stone palace the Divine Ones ruled from. Where was their throne room? Was there a place of worship, a place to practice her education in embalming? A place with spices? She was very curious, wanting to explore her new home.
Arabic” — “Common”
Speaks basic common. Heavily accented. Speaks in short sentences. 
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
from the shadows where he had deigned his post, Akhen emerged, ears swiveling in the direction from which the voice came. 

is there something you need? his tone was gruff, perhaps more-so than he'd meant it to be. 

she had called out for attention. surely there was something she required, or why else would she have spoken out? it was the only assumption the kingsguard had come to.

— golden kingsgaurd of the sands —
Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The man that stood at the right side of Semer-Wati Rashepses had answered her call. The man of gilded gold. He approached her, asking of what she needed. “I have need of nothing, good sir. The architecture of the palace. I have found it magnificent. I am eager to explore. Find my place among your people.”

She spoke gently, her accent weaving a special touch to her words. 

“Would it be so, that I may get a guided tour?” She asked simply, her ears swirling forward, awaiting a response.
Arabic” — “Common”
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
he stood quiet for a moment, regarding in a careful, yet thoughtful manner. 

another moment more, and there was silence no longer. come.. and I will show you what there is to see. 

once he was sure the woman was indeed following, he would turn a near corner to walk a different hall of the palace as he began the tour. 

you have not been here long. from where do you come?

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He accepted her request, and she gave a nod of her head, following beside him. They turned down a new hallway, and he looked to her and asked where she came from: “Egypt.” She answered, “A far away land. Sand for miles. Famous for ancient civilization, tombs of pharaohs and gods.”

As they winded through the halls, she continued, “The culture of my people is just as yours.”
Arabic” — “Common”
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
she comes from a place not so different. 

we are alike in that way, then. I come from the homeland of our semer-wati. Ta-Sanet, it is called. a place he still missed dearly. after all, it was home. 

why have you come here? or have you yet to learn that reason?

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
They weren’t different, and yet, she wanted to learn more about them.

“Ah. Ta-Senet.” She did not know of it, but that did not matter. “No, but perhaps with time I will know. I was taken from home, I escaped my captors. I found this land.” She explained it plainly.

She paused, just for a mere moment, before she thought of something that might be interesting. “Growing up, my parents were nobles, not leaders, but a high status. They made sure I was taught about our pack, the history. Perhaps it may seem a sensitive topic, but I have studied the art of mummification. To be sure that those who pass from this life, have a successful journey to the next.”

Did this kingdom believe in this? Did they know of the preservation of one’s soul?
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
so, she had not left by choice after all. this place had not become a random stop on her journey, but a sanctuary to provide a new beginning. 

I do not know of this process you call "mummification"... but it is important that a soul passes on peacefully, as to appease not only their previous life, but the Gods who granted that life to them. maybe she would teach him? but it was too soon to ask. 

it that what you wish to do here? focus your gifts on the likes of spirits and souls, and perhaps the Gods and Goddesses?

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He did not know, and she did not remark, for not all may study such a deep art. She would explain to him, in short, what it was after she had answered his second question.

“This, I do wish to do. It is a passion of mine.” 

Now, mummification….
“Mm, well, it is when the body of the one who passed is wrapped up. They are cleansed and embalmed. Embalmed is when they are bathed in oils, spices, to help preserve their body. For if their body is not recognizable, it is said that their souls will not recognize the deceased.”

“I hope I do not confuse you. I would be glad to teach, should you find an interest in it.”
Arabic” — “Common”
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
he hasn't asked, but she'd explained it anyway. 

after a moment of thought, a small chuckle huckle came in response, rather words, at first. it was not what she explained that he found humorous, but the sentiment that he might be one to perform it. 

I cannot say if that would be a skill suitable to a mazoi... the laugh had died, yet still mirth held firm in his tone. but maybe you might show me your practices sometime. it still sounds intriguing.

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He chuckled at first, and she smiled, “It is more so dependent on the individual. What they think of being around death. Practicing with it.” And there was a sparkle in her golden eyes when he had wanted to see her practice her skill. “Once I am set up, you can be the first to observe. It will most be organizing. Preparing spices, oils, other materials.”

As the continued down the halls, a thought dawned her, “I do not believe I caught your name, sir.”

I’m having a good time, the two of them. You play him well.
Arabic” — “Common”
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
thank you! i'm enjoying these two together as well. ^^

observing preparations shouldn't be too difficult for a man like me, he quipped with the barest hint of a smile. a rarity, put plainly. 

names. rats, why hadn't he thought about that before! 

nor i yours. Akhenaten. a mouthful, I know. it suites most to call me Akhen. if it does for you, you may do so as well.

a quiet sound echoed down the hallway, and the man's head swiveled. but nothing was there. 

his focus quickly returned to the woman walking alongside him. and what might i call you?

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She gently chuckled at his response. Learning is sometimes best by observing, and she would be more than welcome to teach, to share.

Akhenaten, truly a mouthful, yet, it was a strong name, unique in its sound. “Then I shall call you Akhen.” She dipped her head, “And I, Tadihor. It may seem simple, but I am proud to wear it.” 

Soon, she slowed her pace, taking another moment to look around at the palace corridors. Her face then turned to the golden Mazoi,“Akhen, I want to thank you for this tour.” She said gratefully, “And I hope to find my place among your people, wherever the Divine Ones think it best. Or, perhaps I shall create my own, if they approve.”
Arabic” — “Common”
Loner
22 Posts
Ooc — Decay
last from me, if you're ready to be finished!

simple, she called her name.

there is beauty, even in the simplest of things. a reminder, just as much as it was a compliment. but he did not linger on the sentiment. 

you will find your place. soon. I have faith, Tadihor. and that he did.

I will leave you to finish settling. you may wander as you please; though, steer clear of the royal quarters unless invited. that much should have been obvious. but he felt it his duty to point out nonetheless.

unless there was more to be said, the kingsguard took his leave, content to return to his prior post.

Akashingo
20 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Cool with me.
His words were kind, brining a sun like warmth to her face. “Shukran (thank you), Akhen. That is very kind of you.”

He warned her though to stay away from  the royal’s chambers. “Of course. I would not dare, for it is Divine place.” There was understand in her voice, perhaps a little jest to. She then turned to leave his side, to return to her quarters, still thinking, admiring the palace.
Arabic” — “Common”