Redhawk Caldera so please don't get me rescued.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I'ma close this up since I can't see them doing much else ):

Fin leaned into Elwood as he wrapped himself around her, eager for his warmth and for his touch and yet finding no comfort in it.  She wanted to tell her heart that they were in this together, that this loss belonged to both of them.  But there was one fact that divided them so vastly - he had done nothing to deserve this.  It was all her doing.  She was the one who was ignorant to the signs of her body.  She was the one who so stupidly kept pushing herself when her body begged to slow down.  She was the one who had thrown herself into battle with Junior and with anything else she could, to hell with whatever objections her body might have been trying to tell her.  She had killed them.  She had killed his children.  She didn't deserve him, or them, or anything.

Cowardice and terrible shame kept the words glued to her tongue.  Silently, she laid her head downs, reaching to pull Elwood's arm closer so that she could place a few licks upon his paw before she pressed her muzzle against it and shut her eyes.  There would be time later to discuss what to tell the pack - or actually, what not to tell them.  For now, the pair simply held each other, each making sure that the other did not fall away to drown in their misery.

Messages In This Thread
so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:02 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 08:21 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 18, 2015, 12:09 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 06:31 PM