Big Salmon Lake frost on her pillow
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin spent a few minutes huddling against her friend, sobbing into his shoulder.  It should have felt good to release her pent up emotions like this, but if anything it just intensified her agony.  For a while, it seemed as though the grief would not let up; that she'd spend the remainder of her days in misery, clinging to a wolf that would so swiftly turn into her enemy had he any idea what she and her packmates had done to one who was likely even more beloved to Lasher than she.

When finally that thought found its way through the blinding misery, Finley began to sober.  She was quiet again when she pulled herself away, her gaze remaining lowered to the ground.  She found herself uncertain of what to say.  There was a warning on her tongue that he stay away from the Caldera, but she dared not utter the words for fear of needing to explain it.  She didn't know how, not without spilling the secret of Junior's death and defying Fox's orders.

So, she opted for escape and fixed her friend with a grateful though somber look.  "Thank you," Fin said quietly, "For... being there.  I need to get back before anyone misses me...  Please don't tell anyone about this.  I don't want anyone to worry about me."  She didn't deserve any loving concern or care.  She was nothing but a moron, a screw-up and a failure - not one that anyone ought to trouble themselves with.  And with that thought, the guilt for troubling Lasher with her grief began to set in, so she stood quickly to excuse herself so that he wouldn't have to look at her anymore.

Messages In This Thread
frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 17, 2015, 06:11 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 11:57 AM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 01:39 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 06:13 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Finley - May 21, 2015, 05:18 PM
RE: frost on her pillow - by Lasher - May 24, 2015, 10:19 PM