Blacktail Deer Plateau Alien Happiness
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Valtyr wasn't sure what kind of reception awaited him. How much had the Plateau changed? Did they resent him for leaving? Would a familiar face even show? The yearling shifted his weight nervously, eyes drifting back towards the valley from which he came. Luke had imbued the boy with a new sense of promise, yet as the firefoot stood before his once-home a familiar sense of anxiety burdened him. 'No,' he thought to himself, 'don't run.'

Fortunately, his fears washed away as Dante's pleasant smile emerged from the treeline. The alpha had once intimidated the young Sveijarn... and still did. Dante looked as if he had been cut from the mountainside -- rugged and masculine -- while Val, who was nearing his first birthday, was still thin and rangy like an unfortunate stick. It was quite possible the young wolf had surpassed the sterling man in height, but one would never know as a consequence of his hunched and submissive posture.

Val offered a crooked smile, thin tail softly beating against his knobby, orange hocks. "Dante! I've been good," he said as he shuffled forward to engage in the canine courtesy of social-sniffing, ears folded respectfully against his crown. "I was wandering for a bit, but I think I've found a new pack..." he winced, realizing his words could be misconstrued. "I mean," the bracken wolf blurted as he searched for the right words, "I was searching. For something. I haven't found it... but... I went North. Where I was born. But I..." His voice trailed, thought fading as he remembered his cowardice. "I decided to go South instead. Into the Valley. And, well... one thing lead to another." 

He wasn't sure if Dante could empathize with his need to find himself, but the kind alpha deserved an explanation at the very least. "I wanted to visit... and tell you thank you. For taking me in when I needed a home." His bronze gaze shifted away, a bit embarrassed and flustered.
Messages In This Thread
Alien Happiness - by Valtyr RIP - May 26, 2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Alien Happiness - by Dante RIP - May 26, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: Alien Happiness - by Valtyr RIP - June 04, 2015, 01:07 AM
RE: Alien Happiness - by Dante RIP - June 08, 2015, 02:22 PM