Redhawk Caldera (Joining) Adding shadows to the walls.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine paid no mind to the tension written into the other's expression and body language. He was no softhearted Alpha, that was for sure. The caldera wasn't exactly hurting for members and so he could afford to be picky. With that said, he did want to recruit and Njal seemed a promising candidate, especially if Fox had sent him. As long as he survived the vetting phase—the Master Warden's every right—then he would likely make a great addition to the pack.

He mentioned experience as an Alpha of his own domain, then swore his devotion. Peregrine's head bobbed to acknowledge these statements. Luckily for Njal, the swarthy Alpha cared little for the details. Packs rose and fell all the time. Or leadership changed hands. It was the way of life for wild wolves (although particularly ones subjected to the drama of being role-play characters).

"All right. If Fox vouches for you, then I know you'll be an asset, Njal. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that you will need to pull your weight in order to remain here. The more you contribute, the higher your rank." He paused and then, rather than continue with his spiel, he gave the gray wolf a pointed look and said, "Laa dee daa. I'm sure you know the song and dance." He had been a leader, after all, and he looked at least five or older.

"I expect Fox back soon. In the meantime, I'll lead you back to the caldera proper," Peregrine said, not waiting for an answer before turning to lead Njal in the direction of home.
Messages In This Thread
(Joining) Adding shadows to the walls. - by RIP Njal - June 09, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: (Joining) Adding shadows to the walls. - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 10, 2015, 05:52 PM