Redhawk Caldera one maniac at a time.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin furrowed her brow thoughtfully as Wildfire explained where it was she'd been, grinning mildly as she looked about herself.  For a moment, she allowed a swallow of guilt down her throat over how little time she'd spent lately with her goddaughter.  The sound of Eljay rolling to his side inside of the den put an end to it quickly enough for it reminded her that she'd had perfectly good reason for her neglect.  Still, both of them were incredibly important to her, and though the Blackthorn may not have been able to make good on it for a while, she promised herself to start paying more attention to her other children when she could, even though she hadn't exactly popped them out of her own babymaker.

"The funnest place I've ever been to..." Fin replied thoughtfully, pursing her lips as her mind drifted back into her memory, "Well... The coolest place I've been in this area was actually when I lived back at the Plateau with your dad.  A friend and I climbed up into the mountains that bordered our territory and eventually we came upon this super cool lake way, way up in the mountains that lead into a river, which then emptied into this huuuuuge waterfall.  I swear the water fell for ages and ages, it was so cool..."

For the first time in a while, her old friend Kaihra popped into her mind.  A twinge of melancholy struck her then.  She had missed the woman since leaving, though it was a feeling that she had gotten over quickly enough.  She had counted Kaihra as one of her good friends of course, but she hadn't quite made it to the rank of family, which was evidenced by the fact that Fin had chosen to follow Peregrine and Fox rather than stay at the Plateau with her and...

Oh boy, that was a thought she didn't want to explore.

"You never know what you can find out there," Fin added after a beat, "Even the dullest places can end up surprising you, which is what makes being an outrider so much fun."

Messages In This Thread
one maniac at a time. - by Finley - July 10, 2015, 09:58 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Wildfire - July 13, 2015, 10:37 AM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Finley - July 18, 2015, 11:50 AM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Wildfire - July 18, 2015, 06:27 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Finley - July 23, 2015, 07:18 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Wildfire - July 24, 2015, 10:57 AM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Finley - July 25, 2015, 01:30 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Wildfire - July 28, 2015, 10:12 AM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Finley - August 08, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Wildfire - August 08, 2015, 06:19 PM
RE: one maniac at a time. - by Finley - August 13, 2015, 07:58 PM