Blackfeather Woods Back then, when I stupidly took pride
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sounds good to me~

When the woman drew closer, his ears perked up, inner thoughts insisting he hear everything that left her mouth—from the longest of phrases, down to the smallest of breaths. There was a secret, he could tell, and he wanted to know it rather badly. Being kept out of the loop on things was never fun, and totally intolerable for the boy. “I promise I won’t tell anyone,” he said, nodding as he spoke to further prove the sincerity of his words. If it was a secret, he’d keep it to himself. Besides, who would he even tell? Everyone he knew was either within the dark woods, or in a faraway location that he didn’t know the location of. It didn’t seem as if he’d be heading out to meet anyone new, either—not that he’d just tell a total stranger everything they want to know. He was too big of a troublemaker to even consider doing that.

As she spoke, he listened, though the words were not really new to him. He’d heard of the Brotherhood through his father, who had only ever spoken highly of it. Most children would be raised being told how vile murderers, assassins, and any “wrongdoers” were, but not Xan. A life like that just wasn’t the life the fates had rolled for him. Despite him already knowing of the cult, he did not interrupt the woman. He let her carry on with her words, telling him her bit of information. “Wouldn’t an assassin have taken that fox out without it even knowing they were there?” he questioned, the trace of a smirk on his face showing he was only asking to bother her. Before his journey to the woods, he hadn’t been one hundred percent sure of what an assassin was. Luckily for him, Kove had told him the meaning of many things during their long trip—which he was now thankful for, as it allowed for him to understand what he was being told.

Xan grew more interested as he was told of the print, and how one went about earning it. What she said was different from the story his father had told him, but that didn’t matter too much. Over time, things changed. Though still quite young, he’d already learned that little piece of information thanks to Bearclaw. He nodded as she got to the part about starting off then, and how he’d fit in. “I’ll ask my dad to teach me stuff,” he stated, grinning a bit cockily. His dad already had the mark, after all, so surely he’d be able to teach him some stuff. “Maybe I’ll be able to join before you with his help.” Another bit to add onto his streak of never-ending teasing. That was, of course, impossible, but he couldn’t help but voice it anyways.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 08, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 11, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 22, 2015, 03:22 PM