Redhawk Caldera Doses and mimosas
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Her suggestion seemed to placate her son, but before Finley could feel too much relief over this, it occured to her that she had forgotten a crucial part of the plan - she would actually need to tell some sort of story now. The beta blinked at her audience, dumbfounded. She had never been very good at spinning tales. Her creativity was impressive, but that was only when it came to how to best get yourself into and out of terrible situations. Plus there was her actual ability to narrate, which was just... so very lacking...

Biting her lip, she quickly wracked her brain for an idea before finally settling on something. A memory, but one that could be embellished a little into a good enough story. "When I was a pup, my dad and I used to chase shooting stars," Fin started in a kind-of-lame fashion, "He used to tell me that if we chased a shooting star all through the night, that we would find ourselves in a place full of magic when the sun came up. So some nights just at dusk, we would sit down and watch the sky until a shooting star flew past, and then we'd run and run in the direction it went until we couldn't run anymore, and then we'd sit down and wait for it to go by again and then we'd chase it again."

"I usually got too tired to keep going and would end up falling asleep before we ever made it to the dawn. But one time, I made it all through the night and we chased one until the sun came up and we found one of those magic spots. It was a little creek in the middle of a big field - nothing out of the ordinary really, and so I started to feel disappointed thinking there wasn't any magic there at all."

"BUT!" Fin barked for dramatic effect - probably a first in her storytelling career, "Suddenly, a big silver otter came up onto the shore. And it said..." She paused, kind of for dramatic effect but mostly because she had no idea where she was going with this, "'My name.. is... Andrew!' it said! 'And I have the power to...'" another super long, kind of awkward pause, "'...feed your whole pack for a week!', which was really good because prey had been scarce and we hadn't had a good kill in a few weeks. I should've mentioned that before... But anyway."

"So, we brought the otter back home with us and each night for a week, we killed it and ate up its whole body, only to wake up the next morning and have Andrew there again, ready to be eaten again the next night," Fin smiled as she finished, her tail actually wagging gently. It was strange, for even though it was a storytelling that probably would've made Blue Willow and Sun Spark cringe, telling it had made her feel more like herself than she had since coming home. It was nice. It was probably short-lived, but Finley would take what she could get.

Messages In This Thread
Doses and mimosas - by Wildfire - October 22, 2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Finley - October 22, 2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Eljay - October 23, 2015, 02:56 AM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Wildfire - October 23, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Finley - October 26, 2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Eljay - October 28, 2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Wildfire - October 28, 2015, 10:08 AM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Finley - November 07, 2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Eljay - November 08, 2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Wildfire - November 08, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Doses and mimosas - by Finley - November 09, 2015, 05:53 PM