Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The male was surprised when she, too, chuckled, though he unconsciously refused to show it. He kept a smile settled into his features even after the short laughter had died away, appreciating that fact that he could speak so lightly with another Blackfeather wolf. It had seemed that most often had a single grouping of things on their minds: murder, deceit, and a lack of friendliness even towards their fellow pack members. While they were a dark pack filled with shadows and ghosts, treating another member so coldly was hardly acceptable. They were a family, even if some didn’t quite get along or know too much about the other, and families were able to share a few laughs here and there. Her response to his query had his belief of such increasing, for it seemed as if she was somewhat concerned for his son. It was not luck that had brought the young Inuit to the woods, but he could appreciate the sentiment of her words. “At first, I worried over how he would react to being here. The environment is much different from the place he was born into, and he’d never done too well with strangers,” the man admitted, briefly recalling all the thoughts that had swirled around in his head during the trip over. “I’m glad to see he’s settled in well, though.”

Kove’s smile faltered as she delved into her childhood, unable to understand what had possessed her family to act so despicably. It was normal for him to forget that not all families were as tightly knit as his own, that some hid pretty gnarly skeletons in their closets. Of course, at the mention of his son and the boy’s mother, his smile fell entirely. His lips pressed together into a thin line as he kept himself silent, eyes narrowing. When an apology was made, his expression was forced back into something appearing more neutral, before his maw parted to let out a sigh. “It’s fine,” he murmured, inwardly shaking it off as if nothing had happened. The wounds were still too fresh to be toyed with, and the last thing he wanted to do was pick at them until blood once again flowed freely. In the end, however, it seemed he simply couldn’t hold himself back from being harmed.

“I am certain he does, even if he’s reluctant to admit it,” the Inuit voiced, tone somewhat dull. “Xan is strong, he’s a fighter, but I know it can’t be easy on him. I know he has to be hurting, and it’s just a matter of time before that pain starts to destroy him.” Kove’s own parents had died, so he could sort of understand how his son was feeling. At the time, he had felt abandoned, like his parents had had a choice in whether they were to live or die. Being the wolf he was, he’d kept all the feelings bottled up inside, refusing to admit what he was feeling no matter how overwhelming it all become. Eventually, he’d managed to get everything off his chest, to accept and understand that his parents had been taken away from him for a reason—that it was out of their control. He hoped Alexander could find that very same peace someday, he just hoped his heart wouldn’t be shredded before that time arrived. Those thoughts brought forth an idea, though whether or not it would work couldn’t be determined right away.

The ghost’s fiery eyes met the chilled ones of his partner in conversation, his expression giving away that a serious topic was coming up. “You can’t replace his mother, I don’t think anyone ever could, that is something I know from personal experience,” he began, getting the facts out into the open awhile. “But… I would like to ask that you watch out for him. Mother or not, a female can still provide things that I cannot, things that I want my son to have as he grows up.” Perhaps it was a bit selfish of him to ask something like that of her, but he felt it was necessary. As far as he knew, there were no other women within the woods, and even if there were, he wasn’t so sure he could trust them with his child. “Someday, I may take another mate who could fill that place, but until that happens, if it ever does, I want to be sure that he’s not missing out on anything.” A woman could provide him with insight and other things that Kove would never be able to.
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 22, 2015, 03:33 AM