Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Nem has sorcery and Kove has confusion xD What a pair

Having spent more time outside of Blackfeather than within it, the ghost was able to understand where she was coming from. Even to her, it seemed her lifestyle wasn’t exactly the greatest to be presented to children, especially when they were still impressionable. Kove, however, saw something else within her. He saw past the way she lived and straight to her personality, the characteristics that made her who she was. Though some traits could be considered toxic for a child, even by the Inuit’s standards, the good one’s outweighed the bad. He could tell already that asking her to watch Xan would be one of his better decisions in life, perhaps even landing itself a place on his ‘Top-5’ list. “Don’t think so little of your skills,” he commented, his voice making it clear that he knew there was more to her than what laid on the surface. His smile even widened a bit, but the look in his copper gaze remained serious. “Whether the world considers you ‘good’ or not doesn’t matter here. What matters is the strength you possess, even mentally, and your morals when it comes to the pack. I know you’re a loyal wolf, Nemesis, and that type of loyalty is something I want my son to learn.” The boy was faithful when it came to his immediate family, but the elder wished for that devotion to be extended to the pack as well. At the end of the day, they were family, too.

The Inuit quirked an undefined eyebrow at her following statement, instantly drawn in by her words. “Oh?” he began, grinning slightly. “You’re telling me Alexander, my son, has attached himself to you? From the way he acts, I never would have guessed he’d accepted anyone as a friend. You must be special.” As sad as it was, he never expected Xan to grow close to anyone. He’d always assumed the boy would keep himself from creating any real bonds, but it appeared as if an exception had been made for the very same woman he’d asked to watch out for the younger ghost. In that moment, he mentally labeled her a miracle worker, believing her to have accomplished the impossible—gaining the trust of his unruly child. “I think I’ll have to spend more time with you to understand what he sees,” Kove commented, a joking tone lingering on the edge of his voice. Inwardly, though, he found himself actually wanting to honour his words and meet with her more often. It was strange, something he couldn’t understand, but brushed off as being a normal occurrence. They were packmates, after all, so it made sense that he’d want to get to know her a bit better.

Kove nodded, agreeing with her words right away. There was no denying that the boy was a fighter, he’d displayed such behavior even before he could leave the whelping den. Still, that didn’t necessarily make for a good thing. He was uncontrolled and hectic in the way he lived, often acting rashly just to try and provoke a fight he had no business getting involved in. In all honesty, the pallid man feared for his son’s life at times, but he hoped that he would no longer have to. With Nemesis and the rest of the pack there, he felt more confident in his chances of seeing Xan reach his first year of life. “I hope he will be,” the elder commented, a sigh following his words. He loved his son, but there was no denying the fact that he was trouble. “With you around, I think his chances of ending up okay are better.” He hoped so, anyways. His judgement was rarely ever wrong, thereby allowing him to feel rather relaxed by the idea of the dark female playing a role in Alexander’s life.

“You talked to him about me?” Kove’s gaze found its way to hers as the words left his mouth, a trace of amusement lingering in their fiery depths. He wondered what they might’ve talked about, but didn’t take the time to ask. It might have been a private conversation for all he knew, and he didn’t want to be one of those parents that pried into every part of their child’s life. No, he would keep himself from acting as such and give the boy his space to from trust and whatnot on his own. “He’s lucky to have you around, too,” he then said, the words leaving his mouth with little thought to what type of response they might receive. “I know I said you can’t fill the space his mother left behind, but I think you might be able to at least lessen it.” The words were said unconsciously, his mind refraining him from piecing together the fact that multiple meanings could be derived from his choice of wording.
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 22, 2015, 03:33 AM