Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sounds good to me~ then we can start more threads and make these two even more confused, haha

The male grew curious of what her life had been like prior to joining Blackfeather, but refrained from questioning her on it. Her statement caused his mind to wonder, however that did not give him the right to delve into her personal affairs. Many enjoyed leaving their pasts, well, in the past. That seemed to be the case, especially, when it came to the wolves of the shadows. There was always something that had driven their lives to be the way they were—actually, it was more like it was a common thing, rather than a definite. Kove did not have anything in his past that would have made someone suspect he'd be living the life he currently was. Though his parents had passed away early on, he had still grown up surrounded by family. Everyone had cared for one another and defended each other with their lives when it was necessary. To abandon family in their time of need was looked upon as the worst of crimes and, depending on the severity of the case, it could even be punishable by death. He suspected Nemesis had not grown up in such a way, and though he wanted to know for sure, he still did not ask. Oddly enough, he was also bombarded by the sudden urge to hold her close, to comfort her and assure her everything would always be fine as long as they remained within the woods. The feeling to do so was quickly shaken away, however, and he forced himself to move onto something else.

"He's never been one to seek out comfort, even when he was far younger and it was expected," the Inuit informed her, recalling how distant the boy had been. Never had he been eager to curl up with his sisters or mother, nor had he sought the warmth of a hug when he was ill. He'd always kept to himself, keeping everyone else at an arm's length. It'd been concerning, but unable to be helped. Again, Kove found his mind wandering back to the dark female, interested to learn if she might be the same way. No matter how much he wanted to, though, he held himself back from moving closer to her, not wishing to overstep any boundaries. They were pack mates, not lovers, he had no reason to be so interested in her. His heart no longer beat for anyone, so why was he feeling so... attracted to the woman? It didn't make any sense, none at all.

When she spoke again, the statement hit him hard, leaving him feeling conflicted. He was upset that she felt that way, that never once had she been able to brighten the day of another. On the other hand, however, he was somewhat glad she had not succeeded in making someone else—another male, perhaps—happy. Both feelings bothered him greatly, for neither had a reason to be there. It was okay to feel something towards a pack mate, normal even, but he felt his own emotions to be acting in a far too extreme manner. "Now you have," he returned, doing his best to swallow down whatever was growing within him. "You've made me very glad." That was it. There was no other answer to it. Kove was sick; he must have fallen ill with the change of the seasons, and it was causing him to act strange. Yeah, that had to be the cause behind why he felt so weird, as well as why he found himself flirting with a woman he had no business in pursuing. He could not provide her the love she needed, for he had none to give, so why did something in the back of his mind tell him otherwise? It was all very confusing, though one thing was certain—he would have to seek out Cicero and see if he possessed any signs of a sickness, for there was no other explanation to support his behavior.
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 22, 2015, 03:33 AM